Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring Insider
Hope your smutty pictures were hidden!!
I thought of that, Lin, but I'm too much of a lady to mention the unmentionable.
LOL. Trust me to be the one to be the fall guy!
Well, of course. You didn't think I'd let that one pass, didja?
I formatted and installed 14942 but still have the sleep problem where the computer restarts twice instead of waking up.
Now I know what happened to me, Looey! You stole my wakey, wakey! You get two reboots and I never even get a wakey!
Seriously, I had heard that the same problems resurfaced with a clean install. I had thought a clean install might work until I saw the other post.
Tried that, it didn't fix it
I would suggest you to go back to a previous version and do the update again, it could be a corrupted update, if you are not too bothered with Edge, just ignore it and use something else like Yandex ( my preference) and wait for the next update to fix Edge.
All this has been told several times by various members. Following these simple steps I have not failed a single build upgrade.
Some of these steps are most probably not necessary; I am an old school geek, conservative and careful maybe to the extent that it for some might seem ridiculous. However, I have no failed upgrades which for me means I will continue doing like this:
- When upgrade has been downloaded and prepared, I disconnect all external devices except mouse and keyboard
- I turn off / disable firewall and AV programs, including Malwarebytes
- I set internal drives not necessary for Windows to run offline using Disk Management, in my case this usually means setting internal disk for Hyper-V virtual machines and other for Media files offline
- I disable all non-critical programs in Task Manager > Startup (Skype, Screenpresso screenshot tool and such)
- I restart PC using Restart option in Start (yellow highlight in screenshot) instead of Update and restart (green highlight), and immediately when Windows has booted back to desktop before launching any applications I run upgrade by selecting Update and restart:
That's it. Simple steps, nothing unheard, nothing special. Works for me.
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub
See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC
Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.22 for PC and Build 14393.221 for Mobile now available - Feedback Hub
How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your Windows...
Insider preview 11099 is now available in Fast ring.