Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Oct 2016 #271
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,467
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    OK, I haven't had any further issues waking up the computer, even when left on overnight. So it might just be that my system needed a bit of time to iron things out. Sorry, Wynona, not much else to show on my side.

    However, Edge refuses to start. If I start it just closes right back. If I do this 3 times in a row it presents with a page asking if I want to start fresh. If I click the start fresh button, it opens a new tab... and force closes again.

    If I get Edge to stay open, the minute I click on the address bar, it force closes as well.

    Note, I very rarely use Edge, so this if not a big deal for me. But to have something not work like this is a major problem overall with the OS.

    Oh, and although i am a ßeta tester for MBA / MBAE, since I bought my 1 TB drive a few months bank I haven't actually reinstalled either product on my machine when I did the clan install. Thanks So, that rules out my issues being related to MB.
    No it could not be.....the recent hurricane.....could it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    10 Oct 2016 #272
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,605
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
    - I think I've exhausted all possibilities in trying to get connected to Xbox Live
    - so for the time being, I'm unable to use it..
    - guess that means I'm left waiting for a new build (?)

    - you'd think Microsoft might be keen to fix this particular glitch sooner rather than later..
    Most likely it'll be fixed in the next Build release, Mr. Bug. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Xbox is rather important to Microsoft.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Oct 2016 #273
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,605
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    After uninstalling MBAM and MBAE everything seems to be OK. I went to Feedback and was going to report it. There were so many post about it I decided to just Upvote on all the post. This morning when I woke my computer MS was asking about how many crashes I was having with this build. I told them about the problem with MBAM and MBAE.
    Yep, that's one thing Microsoft is good at in Windows 10. If something goes wrong, they know it and ask about it. I told them about my "ain't agonna wake up" problems too. And gave feedback on the smaller, but nasty problems I was having.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Oct 2016 #274
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,535
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    OK, I haven't had any further issues waking up the computer, even when left on overnight. So it might just be that my system needed a bit of time to iron things out. Sorry, Wynona, not much else to show on my side.

    However, Edge refuses to start. If I start it just closes right back. If I do this 3 times in a row it presents with a page asking if I want to start fresh. If I click the start fresh button, it opens a new tab... and force closes again.

    If I get Edge to stay open, the minute I click on the address bar, it force closes as well.

    Note, I very rarely use Edge, so this if not a big deal for me. But to have something not work like this is a major problem overall with the OS.

    Oh, and although i am a ßeta tester for MBA / MBAE, since I bought my 1 TB drive a few months bank I haven't actually reinstalled either product on my machine when I did the clan install. Thanks So, that rules out my issues being related to MB.
    I was going to recommend removing MBAE but seeing that you didn't install it you have another problem with edge. I will recommend reporting it in the Feedback app.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Oct 2016 #275
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,605
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    OK, I haven't had any further issues waking up the computer, even when left on overnight. So it might just be that my system needed a bit of time to iron things out. Sorry, Wynona, not much else to show on my side.

    However, Edge refuses to start. If I start it just closes right back. If I do this 3 times in a row it presents with a page asking if I want to start fresh. If I click the start fresh button, it opens a new tab... and force closes again.

    If I get Edge to stay open, the minute I click on the address bar, it force closes as well.

    Note, I very rarely use Edge, so this if not a big deal for me. But to have something not work like this is a major problem overall with the OS.

    Oh, and although i am a ßeta tester for MBA / MBAE, since I bought my 1 TB drive a few months bank I haven't actually reinstalled either product on my machine when I did the clan install. Thanks So, that rules out my issues being related to MB.
    Yep, John, unfortunately, Edge isn't ready for prime time yet. However, my thinking is that the current problems with Edge, Xbox, sleep, Logitech and AV programs may all be related in some way . . . one wrong line of code can do stupid things. It's too coincidental that all this happened with Build 14942.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Oct 2016 #276
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 730
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I was going to recommend removing MBAE but seeing that you didn't install it you have another problem with edge. I will recommend reporting it in the Feedback app.
    Already did
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    10 Oct 2016 #277
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 730
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Yep, John, unfortunately, Edge isn't ready for prime time yet. However, my thinking is that the current problems with Edge, Xbox, sleep, Logitech and AV programs may all be related in some way . . . one wrong line of code can do stupid things. It's too coincidental that all this happened with Build 14942.
    Agreed. But I also had 0 issues with Logitech.

    I have the MX Master mouse and the G15 (gen 2) keyboard. 0 issues.

    One thing I have started doing is going back and monitoring drivers via snappy driver installer. Every build it seems like Windows is replacing less of my proprietary device drivers with generic ones. The only device driver i had to reinstall this time was a motherboard specific one. It even kept my proprietary USB3 and SATA III controller drivers in place, thankfully.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    10 Oct 2016 #278
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,984
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Nope, Mr. Bug, you ain't the only one, and I'll bet we have other company.
    Indeed, my first rollback. Same reason - no waking up from sleep. Guess MS guys have decided to test roll back a bit more thoroughly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Oct 2016 #279
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,605
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
    Agreed. But I also had 0 issues with Logitech.

    I have the MX Master mouse and the G15 (gen 2) keyboard. 0 issues.

    One thing I have started doing is going back and monitoring drivers via snappy driver installer. Every build it seems like Windows is replacing less of my proprietary device drivers with generic ones. The only device driver i had to reinstall this time was a motherboard specific one. It even kept my proprietary USB3 and SATA III controller drivers in place, thankfully.
    That's what's so strange about these issues, John. None of us have identical issues. It's like, maybe, hardware independent, yet, hardware dependent. We both have Logitech mice, but totally different. I have problems with mine, you don't. You have mobo A and I have mobo B. You get issue 1, I get issue 2 and we both get issue 3. It makes a convoluted type of sense to me; what do you think?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Oct 2016 #280
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,605
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Indeed, my first rollback. Same reason - no waking up from sleep. Guess MS guys have decided to test roll back a bit more thoroughly.
    Hahahaha, I like your thinking, Andre!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC on Slow ring
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring
Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.22 for PC and Build 14393.221 for Mobile now available - Feedback Hub 103408 How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your Windows...
Windows 10 News
Insider preview 11099 is now on Fast ring
Insider preview 11099 is now available in Fast ring. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-11099/
Windows Insider
Insider Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon
Source 605240532932169728
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums