Windows 10: Windows 10 Release Date July 29

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,376
    Windows 10 64 bit
       29 Jun 2015 #121

    I've sent feedback to them about the way it freezes so much and is very slow. OK I know it's in beta but so far what I've seen does not impress me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    03 Jul 2015 #122

    blackroseMD1 said: View Post
    Here's a nice, easy flow chart from Lifehacker for anyone still having questions:

    Attachment 22349
    There is one type of user: Was you computer running a legal copy of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 and did you decide to install a clean version of Windows 10 (meaning there is a legal Windows 8 or 8.1 key stored in the bios) will I have to downgrade first to upgrade to a legal GA version? The teams have asked me to install a clean version of Windows 10 to troubleshoot issues, in fact I will be installing a clean version to get rid of the Windows 8.1 drivers and older DLL that cause problems with background processes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 72
    W10 Home/W10 Pro
       08 Jul 2015 #123

    aelaan said: View Post
    There is one type of user: Was you computer running a legal copy of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 and did you decide to install a clean version of Windows 10 (meaning there is a legal Windows 8 or 8.1 key stored in the bios) will I have to downgrade first to upgrade to a legal GA version? The teams have asked me to install a clean version of Windows 10 to troubleshoot issues, in fact I will be installing a clean version to get rid of the Windows 8.1 drivers and older DLL that cause problems with background processes.
    I have been testing W10 TP on an older HP laptop which I'd kept as a spare. It originally had the Vista OS installed on it so it won't get the eventual free W10 upgrade after July 29th. My other daily use laptop is a one year old Asus with Windows 8.1. Am I right in assuming that as the TP is not on my Asus machine I would have to wait in queue with everyone else for the free upgrade? Or having registered as an Insider with a MS Account etc, would I be able to download a .iso file shortly after July 29th and get W10 installed on my Win 8.1 machine sooner? I currently have the upgrade icon showing on the Asus machine and have reserved W10 for it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       08 Jul 2015 #124

    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    Ditto here. Windows has asked me for feedback on whether I would recommend Edge to others. My answer at this time is NO!

    Rich
    Why not? It is far better than IE XX
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Jul 2015 #125

    Perhaps many of us don't use IE, either.

    There are two reasons I don't use Edge. No ad blocking and stupid alpha sorting of my Favorites. Hopefully these will be addressed but until then.........
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Jul 2015 #126

    Debbie said: View Post
    I have been testing W10 TP on an older HP laptop which I'd kept as a spare. It originally had the Vista OS installed on it so it won't get the eventual free W10 upgrade after July 29th. My other daily use laptop is a one year old Asus with Windows 8.1. Am I right in assuming that as the TP is not on my Asus machine I would have to wait in queue with everyone else for the free upgrade? Or having registered as an Insider with a MS Account etc, would I be able to download a .iso file shortly after July 29th and get W10 installed on my Win 8.1 machine sooner? I currently have the upgrade icon showing on the Asus machine and have reserved W10 for it.
    The way I understand it, Debbie, is that if you used the same Microsoft account on Windows 8.1 (and if your Microsoft account is connected to Windows 8.1) and the Windows 10 installation (on the old Vista 'chine), you should be good to go for the July 29 upgrade to Windows 10.

    Having said that, I'm not sure if the Windows 10 upgrade can be installed on all of the Insider computers on July 29. Last time I saw a count of Insiders it was at around 3.5 million, and I'm sure there are more by now, since that was at least a couple or three months ago.

    Personally, I will probably wait (if I have a choice) at least a week, just in case things get hectic in the download area. I really don't care to spend all day trying to download and install Windows 10. The last Preview Build will do for me until I get the final product.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Jul 2015 #127

    Gary said: View Post
    Why not? It is far better than IE XX
    Not yet, Edge isn't! At least not in my opinion!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Jul 2015 #128

    The only thing I am missing from Edge is addon support - two addons I need are LastPass and Internet Download Manager. For now, when needed, I use the More Options>Open in Internet Explorer, but that's just workaround. Other than that, I have left Firefox (and Chrome before) and use Edge as my default browser. As for favorities, I am using Pinboard.in and just keep an open tab with it, so not using them at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 72
    W10 Home/W10 Pro
       09 Jul 2015 #129

    Wynona said: View Post
    The way I understand it, Debbie, is that if you used the same Microsoft account on Windows 8.1 (and if your Microsoft account is connected to Windows 8.1) and the Windows 10 installation (on the old Vista 'chine), you should be good to go for the July 29 upgrade to Windows 10.

    Having said that, I'm not sure if the Windows 10 upgrade can be installed on all of the Insider computers on July 29. Last time I saw a count of Insiders it was at around 3.5 million, and I'm sure there are more by now, since that was at least a couple or three months ago.

    Personally, I will probably wait (if I have a choice) at least a week, just in case things get hectic in the download area. I really don't care to spend all day trying to download and install Windows 10. The last Preview Build will do for me until I get the final product.
    Thanks for reply, yes my Win 8.1 machine is also connected to the same MS account so I should be OK. I don't mind waiting a week or two. My guess is that when they start rolling out the upgrade, all those who reserved it will get a pop-up to say it's ready for downloading and they can go ahead or click on a button that days 'Remind me later' or something.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Jul 2015 #130

    Didn't they say at the first mention of spartan that they would add addons perhaps after RTM is launched?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Related Threads
A screen shot from: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=windows%2010&Submit=ENE20300
Windows 10 Release Date in General Support
Does anyone here believe that Windows 10 will be very likely to come out in June 2015 or is that wishful thinking? I want it now so badly but I would hate to have to wait until September or even July or August. Microsoft needs to speed things...
Read more at: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-9-release-date-news-and-rumours-1029245
Read more - http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-8-2-release-date-news-and-rumors-1191563
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:16.
Find Us