Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1.    15 Jun 2015 #61
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Florida
    Posts : 654
    W10 FCU & W10 Insider

    I am confused, so if you back up your w7 system, take the W10 upgrade by using your W7 license, then change your mind, and reinstall W7, that MS will change the status of your license to what it was before you did the upgrade/clean install?

    I am under the assumption that you "forfeit" your present license for a new W10 one??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    15 Jun 2015 #62
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    u'k
    Posts : 65
    Windows 10 64Bit Build 10240

    Quote Originally Posted by meebers View Post
    I am confused, so if you back up your w7 system, take the W10 upgrade by using your W7 license, then change your mind, and reinstall W7, that MS will change the status of your license to what it was before you did the upgrade/clean install?

    I am under the assumption that you "forfeit" your present license for a new W10 one??
    me tooooooooooooo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    15 Jun 2015 #63
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    changes
    Posts : 67
    W10 B10135
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Jun 2015 #64
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    u'k
    Posts : 65
    Windows 10 64Bit Build 10240

    thanks for the link not gonna hold you too it��
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Jun 2015 #65
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    changes
    Posts : 67
    W10 B10135

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfer Daley View Post
    thanks for the link not gonna hold you too it��
    why would you even think about holding me to it?

    i linked to a microsoft semi-official statement. what do i have to do with that?

    you can trust a MS-MVP Community Moderator, or you don't
    the probability of an answer on a microsoft.com page by a certified community moderator being true
    is bigger than any other gossip thats floating around in the web about it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Jun 2015 #66
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Archaic 6year old OS is all you'll lose.. MOVE ON PEOPLE..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Jun 2015 #67
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    changes
    Posts : 67
    W10 B10135

    Quote Originally Posted by deepen915 View Post
    Archaic 6year old OS is all you'll lose.. MOVE ON PEOPLE..
    Archaic

    Thats like saying all you lose is an archaic gun when being forced to switch from a M14 to a M16A1 during vietnam war.
    You might say... WOW the M16 looks so sexy... wow it has a glow in the dark sight system... wooow a carrying handle..
    What good is that stuff for when the M16 is more prone to jams and ejection failure than the M14.
    I'm not saying that Windows 10 is less stable or will have more errors in RTM version than Win 7 or 8
    But! The features that are advertised are not really improvements that affect the main characteristics of an operating system.

    Keyword of the day for you: "reliability"
    Last edited by Fragment; 17 Jun 2015 at 16:07.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Jun 2015 #68
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragment View Post
    Archaic

    Thats like saying all you lose is an archaic gun when being forced to switch from a M14 to a M16A1 during vietnam war.
    You might say... WOW the M16 looks so sexy... wow it has a glow in the dark sight system... wooow a carrying handle..
    What good is that stuff for when the M16 is more prone to jams and ejection failure than the M14.
    I'm not saying that Windows 10 is less stable or will have more errors in RTM version than Win 7 or 8
    But! The features that are advertised are not really improvements that affect the main characteristics of an operating system.

    Keyword of the day for you: "reliability"
    I've installed Windows 10 on a secondary 2009 Core 2 Duo ASUS Laptop.. It runs smooth as butter with only minor start menu glitches. Please do not mention Windows 7 with Windows 10. It's not even close to similar! Windows 8 already took down 7 in performance, stability and reliability and 10 is pushing it even further, along with a bunch of new features.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Jun 2015 #69
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,569
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by deepen915 View Post
    Please do not mention Windows 7 with Windows 10. It's not even close to similar!
    "Lost technology of the Ancients"

    Quote Originally Posted by deepen915 View Post
    Windows 8 already took down 7 in performance, stability and reliability and 10 is pushing it even further, along with a bunch of new features.
    If you read enough forums, you'll find people claiming the exact opposite.

    I didn't notice any difference between W7 & W8 in terms of stability and reliability,
    I don't have the tools (or inclination) so I can't prove it one way or the other.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Jun 2015 #70
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Enterprise TP

    A reply for Jimbo. I joined the forum just to reply to this thread so I don't have enough posts to PM yet. Would you mind PM'ing me? I'm interested in finding out what all you have been able to move over from Win 7 to Win 10 for my school Windows images that I'll be working on soon.




    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi there

    anybody who wants to keep the old standard W7 classic games including pinball, minesweeper, hearts etc.-- PM me and I'll give you my dropbox link --I stlll think the old W7 spider solitaire etc is much better than the newer one's from the store.

    The games work just fine on W10 build 100130.



    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: • Latest security •...
General Support
Solved Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10
I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything.
Installation and Upgrade
Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10
Read More: Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10 | The Verge
Windows 10 News
Solid-state drives lose data if left without power for just a few days
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums