Windows 10: What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Jun 2015 #41

    What happens if a user upgrades to Windows 10, and decide they hate it and want to go back to using Windows 7 or 8.1? I feel like that might be an important issue .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Jun 2015 #42

    Mystere said: View Post
    Why do you need the Windows 7 Freecell? W10 comes with The Games collection that includes Freecell.
    IMHO, the W10 games look UGLY! Also, I don't want to have a OneDrive connection!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Jun 2015 #43

    John035 said: View Post
    What happens if a user upgrades to Windows 10, and decide they hate it and want to go back to using Windows 7 or 8.1? I feel like that might be an important issue .
    They simply restore the image they took before installing win 10! Oh, they didn't do one? Too bad - they will soon learn to live with/love win 10. After all, it has more future in it than win 7/8.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Jun 2015 #44

    John035 said: View Post
    What happens if a user upgrades to Windows 10, and decide they hate it and want to go back to using Windows 7 or 8.1? I feel like that might be an important issue .
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...ous-build.html This is how to do that. But not sure if it will be available after the RTM or GA if that is what you are thinking about.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    13 Jun 2015 #45

    Ummm, they didn't mention that I would lose my sanity, if I switched to Windows 10 ... just not very thoughtful of that article writer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    13 Jun 2015 #46

    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    Ummm, they didn't mention that I would lose my sanity, if I switched to Windows 10 ... just not very thoughtful of that article writer.
    MS did say at the start of the insider program that this was interned for experienced testers/users. You took your chance.. sorry for your loss.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 64Bit Build 10240
       13 Jun 2015 #47

    slightly of topic am I correct in thinking you will loose the right too keep using w7 i.e. you have too give up your reg key as it is transferred onto w10 upgrade and too keep using w7 purchase of a new key will be required
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    13 Jun 2015 #48

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    MS did say at the start of the insider program that this was interned for experienced testers/users. You took your chance.. sorry for your loss.
    Who is talking about the Insider Program, I am talking about the RC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 7,882
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       13 Jun 2015 #49

    Arfer Daley said: View Post
    slightly of topic am I correct in thinking you will loose the right too keep using w7 i.e. you have too give up your reg key as it is transferred onto w10 upgrade and too keep using w7 purchase of a new key will be required
    I think not because if that were the case then W10 would not be free.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,868
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       13 Jun 2015 #50

    labeeman said: View Post
    I think not because if that were the case then W10 would not be free.
    Here we go, sorry, semantics...
    Microsoft never said 10 would be free, just the upgrade. I read that so; I will not have to pay for install media or pay for an upgrade key(add features).
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: • Latest security •...
I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything.
Read More: Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10 | The Verge
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44.
Find Us