Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB3194496 for Windows 10 PC Build 14393.222 Insider

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Oct 2016 #211

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Brink's .reg file above works well for me but needs to be rerun each major M$ update to re-establish the registry key.


    KB
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 6,950
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       03 Oct 2016 #212

    Kbird said: View Post
    Brink's .reg file above works well for me but needs to be rerun each major M$ update to re-establish the registry key.


    KB
    Yes, unfortunately

    Maybe you could collect your favorites tweaks and put them in one place, so you can easy apply them after major updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Oct 2016 #213

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Yes, unfortunately

    Maybe you could collect your favorites tweaks and put them in one place, so you can easy apply them after major updates.
    Actually I have

    I opened each of Brink's file's I use and pasted them into a new file in Notepad , so I can Merge the 5-6 files I use back each Update with one click.


    KB
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 6,950
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       03 Oct 2016 #214

    Kbird said: View Post
    Actually I have

    I opened each of Brink's file's I use and pasted them into a new file in Notepad , so I can Merge the 5-6 files I use back each Update with one click.


    KB

    and name it "fixes from Brink - don't forget!"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 16,214
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       03 Oct 2016 #215

    AndreTen said: View Post
    and name it "fixes from Brink - don't forget!"
    Nope! Put it up closer to the top: Brink Fixes!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 16,214
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       03 Oct 2016 #216

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, Andre! Now I need to remember to re-run this with every update! This is the very first time I've been able to boot up, hit the space bar and type in my number. Having said that, though, all I had to do before was hit the Num Lock key and I could type my number.

    Is there some way it will come up ready to type in the number?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 6,950
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       03 Oct 2016 #217

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, Andre! Now I need to remember to re-run this with every update! This is the very first time I've been able to boot up, hit the space bar and type in my number. Having said that, though, all I had to do before was hit the Num Lock key and I could type my number.

    Is there some way it will come up ready to type in the number?
    You can revert your changes and instead of hitting space bar, just press Numlock

    Edit: oh, you figured it out
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 353
    Win10 x64 Pro -2 desktops, 1 laptop
       03 Oct 2016 #218

    I doubt I'm adding anything new here, but yesterday I did the update on one of my PCs. Took a long time to install. Afterwards everything worked fine ... for a few minutes. Then programs started to hang up and shutdown would not work. After forced power off it hung on blank screen following lock screen. I did another forced power off after about 5 minutes Next time it hung on the login screen. Forced power off again. The next boot worked and everything has been pretty much normal since.

    Windows wanted to install it on my wife's laptop but I decided against it for now. I'm trying it on my other desktop at the moment. (Hopefully time to Restart now. I'll check.)

    The Win10 AU has not been the cleanest OS I've seen. Not boring like Win7, though. (And I, for one, really miss boredom!)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 16,214
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       03 Oct 2016 #219

    AndreTen said: View Post
    You can revert your changes and instead of hitting space bar, just press Numlock

    Edit: oh, you figured it out
    Nope, I didn't figure it out. I'd like to see my password page show up ready for me to input the numbers without having to hit anything but the numbers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,111
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       03 Oct 2016 #220

    My numlock still stays off during the login screen from a coldboot. I've edited the reg key manually, didn't work and I've used Brink's reg file, didn't work. Guess I've just got an oddball keyboard.
    Numlock was always on until after the AU though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Windows 10 update history - Microsoft Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607: September 20, 2016 Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
UPDATE: September 20th 2016 Source: Windows 10 update history - Microsoft
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history?ocid=update_setting_client Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
UPDATE 8/31/2016: This update has been re-released as build 14393.105. 768894503625207808 :arrow: If you are in the Fast ring, then you will not get this update since you are on build 14905.1000. Source: Cumulative Update Build...
UPDATE: July 28th 2016 758786121258020864 757686229747900416 Source: Cumalative Update Build 14393.5 for PC and Mobile Now Available - Feedback Hub
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.
Find Us