Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring Mobile
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring
We have released Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile on Release Preview Ring
which will bring the build number to 14393.222 for PC
and 14393.221 for Mobile (KB3194496). This Cumulative Update contains the following fixes:
- Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent, shared drives, virtual private network (VPN), clustering, HTTP downloads, Internet Explorer 11, Hyper-V platform, multimedia playback, and Microsoft Edge.
- Improved performance of push and local notifications, Hyper-V platform, and some social media websites using Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue where mapping a drive from an elevated command prompt doesn’t work with administrator credentials.
- Addressed issue causing movies that were ripped using the transport stream (.ts) format to play without sound in Windows Media Player and the Xbox One Media Player app.
- Addressed issue causing the Movies & TV app on the Xbox to stop working when attempting to play content that was just purchased from the Store.
- Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue preventing some users from changing the default download location in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue causing unnecessary notifications about fixing Microsoft account in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, Windows shell, enterprise security, storage file system, Remote Desktop, core platform, Hyper-V platform, Windows Update for Business, display kernel, near field communication (NFC), input and composition, Bluetooth, Microsoft Lync 2010 compatibility, Windows Storage API, app registration, Trusted Platform Module, Group Policy, Internet Explorer 11, virtual private network (VPN), BitLocker, wireless networking, datacenter networking, Cortana, PowerShell, Active Directory, connection manager and data usage, Microsoft Edge, Windows Recovery Environment, file clustering, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, audio playback settings, DShow Bridge, app compatibility, licensing, cloud infrastructure, domain name system (DNS) server, network controller, USB barcode reader, and Adobe Flash Player.
This Cumulative Update is the same for both PC and Mobile except that for PC, it includes an additional fix to improve the reliability of downloading games (like Forza Horizon 3) and game updates from the Windows Store.
For more information on the latest updates for Windows 10, click here
Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.22 for PC and Build 14393.221 for Mobile now available - Feedback Hub
Last edited by Brink; 27 Sep 2016 at 15:20.
Hopefully this build doesn't cause any problems like the last fast build did. I came close to bricking my phone.
I received this build early this morning. The download and installation went fine but in total took around 1.5 hours which seemed a long time for a CU.
Up to now I've not found any problems
That is a long time. Right now it's stopped at Downloading updates 100%. Took about 15 minutes. Now it's at 7 percent installing.
So far so good! This build downloaded, installed and seems to be running great!
I was hoping this build would enable the double tap to wake but no such luck
The double tap works on my Lumia 640XL.
Using a Lumia 650 here.
Microsoft has released Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.189 to non-Insider devices today.
This update is only available to unlocked devices in the Production ring. If you're in the Release Preview or Slow rings and picked up 14393.187 yesterday,...
UPDATE: July 20th 2016
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Read more: Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.338 now hitting Insider Release Preview Ring | Windows Central
How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
How to Choose Fast or Slow Insider Level on your Windows 10 Mobile...