We encountered a network transmission issue with update KB3189866 published on September 13, 2016, and the quickest way to address this issue was to reissue the update to all Content Delivery Networks. This new update KB3193494 has the same set of fixes as KB3189866. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1607. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- 3183038 MS16-104: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: September 13, 2016
- 3183043 MS16-105: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: September 13, 2016
- 3185848 MS16-106: Security update for Microsoft Graphics Component: September 13, 2016
- 3178467 MS16-110: Security update for Windows: September 13, 2016
- 3186973 MS16-111: Security Update for Microsoft Kernel: September 13, 2016
- 3178469 MS16-112: Security update for Windows Lock Screen: September 13, 2016
- 3185879 MS16-114: Security Update for Windows SMBv1 Server: September 13, 2016
- 3188733 MS16-115: Security update for Microsoft Windows PDF Library: September 13, 2016
- 3188724 MS16-116: Security Update in OLE Automation for VBScript Scripting Engine: September 13, 2016
If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer. If you are installing a Windows 10 update package for the first time, the package for the x86 version is 254 MB and the package for the x64 version is 431 MB.
Download KB3193494 manually: Microsoft Update Catalog
- Windows 10 update history - Microsoft
- Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1607: September 20, 2016