Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs Insider

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Jun 2015 #301

    linw said: View Post
    It's not everyday you come across 'indubitably'!! Great word, though.
    Yup and I even spelled it right!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Jun 2015 #302

    linw said: View Post
    I used WMC on my 8.1 netbook attached to the TV for showing my photos and home movies. Had to look for an alternative and found Kodi. It runs fine on win 10 and is now my WMC substitute. Also found it had an advantage in that it could adjust the TV pic to remove overscan! Bonus, as my TV doesn't have this adjustment.
    Lin, check out Video in Windows 10. All Apps under V!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       03 Jun 2015 #303

    simrick said: View Post
    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I've never heard Cortana in any W10TP build (I'm an evil foreigner though).
    "Cortana is only currently available on Windows 10 for the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain."
    A few versions back, someone suggested changing the Date & Time and Location settings (to US settings) to make Cortana work.
    On my VM, changing the settings had no effect.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Jun 2015 #304

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    A few versions back, someone suggested changing the Date & Time and Location settings (to US settings) to make Cortana work.
    On my VM, changing the settings had no effect.
    In another forum I'm on someone tried that with Office 365 and it wouldn't work. I think it's the IP Address that gives you away.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       03 Jun 2015 #305

    That is what I suspect too


    Wynona said: View Post
    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I've never heard Cortana in any W10TP build (I'm an evil foreigner though).
    In another forum I'm on someone tried that with Office 365 and it wouldn't work. I think it's the IP Address that gives you away.
    I agree with your hypothesis.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,872
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       03 Jun 2015 #306

    magilla said: View Post
    Has anyone tried using DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command since the download of the Windows 10 "place-card" for your free Windows 10? my windows 8.1 pro cannot download the source files for correcting errors and I suspect that the KB associated with the freebie is somehow responsible for the errors and the inability to download the system files needed to correct problems. I had no problems on 6/1 but have problems now that cannot be corrected (Windows 8.1). Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience.
    Do you mean these two: telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json & utc.app.json ? Go to this thread for more info.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,204
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Jun 2015 #307

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    A few versions back, someone suggested changing the Date & Time and Location settings (to US settings) to make Cortana work.
    On my VM, changing the settings had no effect.
    For Cortana to work you need to have the following:
    • Windows display language and the set region need to match. For instance if Windows is in US English, the region has to be set to USA, using UK English Windows the location has to be set to United Kingdom, using French Windows the location must be France and so on (Settings > Time & language > Region & Language)
    • Location for the device must be turned on (Settings > Privacy > Location)

    Are you sure that you have used the US English install media, or could it be possible that you have used the UK English ISO? If so you need to set the location to United Kingdom.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,207
    W10Prox64
       04 Jun 2015 #308

    Here's something of which everyone should be aware:
    Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality | Ars Technica

    Turning off the UEFI secure boot may no longer be an option, when you buy a system with W10 installed by the manufacturer. Seems MS will leave that decision up to the system manufacturer. This will affect those of us who dual-boot.

    At its WinHEC hardware conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft talked about the hardware requirements for Windows 10. The precise final specs are not available yet, so all this is somewhat subject to change, but right now, Microsoft says that the switch to allow Secure Boot to be turned off is now optional. Hardware can be Designed for Windows 10 and can offer no way to opt out of the Secure Boot lock down.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 781
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       04 Jun 2015 #309

    Kari said: View Post
    For Cortana to work you need to have the following:
    • Windows display language and the set region need to match. For instance if Windows is in US English, the region has to be set to USA, using UK English Windows the location has to be set to United Kingdom, using French Windows the location must be France and so on (Settings > Time & language > Region & Language)
    • Location for the device must be turned on (Settings > Privacy > Location)

    Are you sure that you have used the US English install media, or could it be possible that you have used the UK English ISO? If so you need to set the location to United Kingdom.
    I meet all these criteria and still no Cortana voice
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 5,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       04 Jun 2015 #310

    magilla said: View Post
    I meet all these criteria and still no Cortana voice
    She is silent for me also, I've not tried to hard to fix her though tbh.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.
Find Us