Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs Insider

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
  1.    31 May 2015 #201

    cpupro said: View Post
    I was testing the "Microsoft PDF to Print" and when I did this app(Windows Reader) was no longer there?

    Did I miss this in the known issues or they were taking this out?
    I believe the in-built Reader app has been taken out as at build 10122 (or possibly internal-only 10120). The idea is you're supposed to use Edge instead of Reader or Reading List, although I did see somewhere that you could install Reader from the Store.

    From here:
    Although the Reader and Reading List apps both ship with build 10122, if you click on a PDF file, its opened in Edge. According to the build 10120 Breaking Changes list, it looks like both Reader and Reading List are being deprecated.
    Note that the Windows Reader is a totally separate thing to the Adobe Reader (or whatever it's called now).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    31 May 2015 #202

    DavidY said: View Post
    I believe the in-built Reader app has been taken out as at build 10122 (or possibly internal-only 10120). The idea is you're supposed to use Edge instead of Reader or Reading List, although I did see somewhere that you could install Reader from the Store.

    From here:


    Note that the Windows Reader is a totally separate thing to the Adobe Reader (or whatever it's called now).
    Thanks for the information, that is what I was looking for. I missed it from an earlier build that this/these were going away. Interesting that the Reader List is still here from that info.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,994
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 May 2015 #203

    So ISO download is finished and I'm extracting it to my Win10 USB(to save my bootable copy). After the extraction, I'll try doing the "mount in FE(File Explorer)"(Option two) upgrade route.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 793
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       31 May 2015 #204

    Seems to me that this version/build of Windows 10 is VERRRRRY SLOW, compared to other versions. I tried to do a couple of tasks and open the browser as same time and it takes for ever to get browser to open. Repeated attempts demonstrated this slowness. I don't have this problem with Windows 8.1 and hope this is a transient problem with Windows 10 in this build. I have not noticed this before. Anyone else noticed this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    31 May 2015 #205

    Not really.. I'm finding that this build is just about the same(speed wise) as the last one. I did a clean install so that might be the difference.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 May 2015 #206

    Same here on the build speed. I find it to work nice at this point with all the things that I am currently testing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    31 May 2015 #207

    Might be because of drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    31 May 2015 #208

    cpupro said: View Post
    Same here on the build speed. I find it to work nice at this point with all the things that I am currently testing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,252
    Windows 10 Pro
       31 May 2015 #209

    DavidY said: View Post
    I believe the in-built Reader app has been taken out as at build 10122 (or possibly internal-only 10120). The idea is you're supposed to use Edge instead of Reader or Reading List, although I did see somewhere that you could install Reader from the Store.

    From here:


    Note that the Windows Reader is a totally separate thing to the Adobe Reader (or whatever it's called now).
    Reader App, the native Windows 10 PDF Reader is still there in builds 10122 and 10130 and working just fine, being a very practical and easy to use PDF reader:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-31_19h15_11.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	20343
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,506
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       31 May 2015 #210

    So, has Cortana ever actually spoken to anyone? I think I remember Cortana speaking in an early build, maybe 9926, but she's been silent for me ever since, no matter if I do an upgrade or a clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.
Find Us