Hi Office Insiders,
On 09/16, we released a monthly update 17.7369 (or higher), available for download for Windows 10 devices including tablets and phone. These features and fixes are available to Insiders first before anyone else, as a part of the Office Insider program and the Windows Insider Program. You can download the latest versions of Office Mobile apps from the Microsoft Store, or click the following links from your device:
Get Word Mobile
Get Excel Mobile
Get PowerPoint Mobile
What's new this month?
Here's what to expect --
- Open more file types in Excel Mobile Open files that contain ActiveX controls or files containing text and web queries on your Windows 10 tablet or phone.
- Export to PDF with Word Mobile Save your document in a widely sharable format that preserves layout, formatting, fonts and images.
- New text highlighter in OneNote for Windows tablet Grab the new highlighter and select text that’s important to draw attention to.
- New clear formatting option in OneNote Now you can remove all that is bold, italicized, underlined, purple or in 18 points. Lucida Sans formatting is just one click away.
- Embed more content with OneNote Paste a link to an Office 365 Video or Microsoft Form, now interact with it directly on the page.
- Share photos or files from other apps in OneNote Use the Share button in any app to send photos or files to your OneNote.
- Add alternative text to pictures in OneNote Make your pictures accessible to screen readers by adding alternative text.
- Try out new designs in OneNote on Windows tablet We’ve made some changes to help you get around your notes. Check them out by turning on “Settings > Enable Experimental Features” and let us know what you think!
- Help shape the future of Office today Become an Office Insider to get early access to all things new in Office. Click Windows Settings> Update and Security> Windows Insider Program to learn more.
For a full list of all features and history, check out What’s New in OneNote, Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile.
How do I join the Office Insider Program?
You can become an Insider with the following --
you can download and use the latest versions of Office Mobile apps. Not sure yet? No problem! You can still download your free Office Mobile apps and give it a go.
How do I get help or give feedback?
You can reach out for support anytime by doing any of the following:
- Click File>Feedback in any Office Mobile apps and follow the steps
- Post an issue description with build details in the Office Insider Community
- Tweet for support at @OfficeInsider
We look forward to hearing from you, and can’t wait to hear your feedback on these features and the program. In the meantime, don’t forget to bundle up!
The Office Insider Team
Source: Announcing Sept Insider update for Office Mobile for Windows Devices - Microsoft Community