Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile Insider
I installed build 14926 on my desktop and phone. My desktop upgraded without any problems. My Lumia 640XL wasn't as lucky. Everything went great until I got to screen asking for my Pin Number. I couldn't enter it because I didn't have a keypad to enter it with. I'm doing a reset to see if I can get it working.
- I had to do a re-boot on the 950XL to get the Wi-Fi working..
- the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is now working
- just been testing the Elite controller in Middle Earth: Shadows Of Mordor
- the functions are all working well (- not my fave game of all time, though..)
From what I can see elsewhere you may want to hold off on trying to get back to this build as you are not the first I have seen with this keyboard issue. Quite a few reports of it over at Windows Central on several different models of phones.
In my case it won't even install at the moment. Goes through all the motions; download, preparing to install, restart and spinning gears, and then fails with a 0x800703ed error.
Just checked for updates and WU seems to be in a loop....huh....weird!
I'm at 77%. Hope it works this time. I tried rebooting by holding the power button and down volume button and it didn't work. I even tried removing the battery and it still didn't work.
- you may have to clear some space in Phone RAM to make room..
- I had a similar problem on the Lumia735, with one of the earlier Insider Builds
- if I recall, it involved using the Windows Device Recovery Tool to scrub back to basics
- you could try rolling back to an earlier build, and move as much as you can to SD storage, if possible
- then go for the update
- just a suggestion (??)
Have over 2.5 GB free space on my 640, so that isn't it. Good idea though as there was a bug affecting Outlook that woujld fill all or most of whatever free space was on the phone, but I never had that bug.
Just going to hold off on updating for now.
you're right, better to be safe than sorry..
someone may come up with a solution, send the prob to Feedback
quote the error number in the Feedback title..
- they'll love you for it..
Mine was around 28 min all up so your slow download is slow. Just one of those things I guess.
Edit - oops got out of sequence!
sit tight - it will happen, eventually..
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1
How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1