Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Sep 2016 #331

    Thanks for the update and let's hope so. A new build would be nice.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,536
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       12 Sep 2016 #332

    update:
    #windowsinsiders; we are not releasing a build today as we are testing the upgraded build monitoring system to make sure everything's a go.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 598
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       12 Sep 2016 #333

    Thanks, Brink, for the info.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    12 Sep 2016 #334

    ...to make sure everything's a go.
    ...... for tomorrow!!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,812
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Sep 2016 #335

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Wynona, I agree with you...all use their systems differently, but I don't know what this means.
    With "works for me" said, I will say that there are far too many issues being brought up to discard them as being caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard".
    Sometimes when we report issues, quite a few responses are, "works for me". What they don't say, but infer, is that the problem is caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard". What I'm saying is that there are too many issues for this to hold true.

    I've had issues that no one would believe were happening. So, I'm saying that even tho I don't have this or that issue, they're still legitimate complaints.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,514
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       12 Sep 2016 #336

    Wynona said: View Post
    Sometimes when we report issues, quite a few responses are, "works for me". What they don't say, but infer, is that the problem is caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard". What I'm saying is that there are too many issues for this to hold true.

    I've had issues that no one would believe were happening. So, I'm saying that even tho I don't have this or that issue, they're still legitimate complaints.
    Gotcha!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    12 Sep 2016 #337

    Berton said: View Post
    Not for me, as I posted earlier have all blank things that should have text on the Start menu items, blank Tiles, can't use Settings as can't read any of the things needed, can't get to reset, requires fully reinstalling 14901 from disc. Have tried 3 times and 14915 is still not working, about to the point of giving up on it.
    @Berton
    Your problem sounds very much like one I had last week; I upgraded a machine that was running the build just previous to the last one. I saw blank fields everywhere keyboard input was expected. I remembered how to change my password to the pin number I use (which blanks to enter) and my desktop came up with the 14915 watermark, but still every page I tried to enter data on came up with the right graphics, but blank fields where keyboard data expected. Moving the cursor around drew pretty pictures with blank fields looking for input. I tried my Macrium restore and got some nonsense about my account neede to be updated with the correct privileges, could not restore system. (i did mess up my data files with older stuff.) The one saving factor is most output displayed fine, I could read data, just not see my responses, although they were accepted as expected. Long story shortened: I was able to open Device Manager, select Display adapters, and driver properties. Roll back driver got a Microsoft Basic Display driver that accepted keyboard input and displayed it in the appropriate fields... Machine works again, just needed some basic adjustments to graphics, font sizes. HTH
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       12 Sep 2016 #338

    Wynona said: View Post
    Sometimes when we report issues, quite a few responses are, "works for me". What they don't say, but infer, is that the problem is caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard". What I'm saying is that there are too many issues for this to hold true.

    I've had issues that no one would believe were happening. So, I'm saying that even tho I don't have this or that issue, they're still legitimate complaints.
    I think this is a very important point. Over on the SevenForums, someone had a very heartfelt complaint about an issue he was having, and asking for help. Rather than help, he got a chorus of "it must just be your machine". When I pointed out that 'it works for me' is not help, I got scolded for being trollish! I said that I thought it was out of line to call me a troll. One of the mods replied 'out of line, eh?', and I was banned, PERMANENTLY, for RUDENESS. I was a member for 8 years, had lots of good rep, etc., and I was summarily canned. That mod should not be a moderator...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,606
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       12 Sep 2016 #339

    George said: View Post
    @Berton
    Your problem sounds very much like one I had last week; I upgraded a machine that was running the build just previous to the last one. I saw blank fields everywhere keyboard input was expected. I remembered how to change my password to the pin number I use (which blanks to enter) and my desktop came up with the 14915 watermark, but still every page I tried to enter data on came up with the right graphics, but blank fields where keyboard data expected. Moving the cursor around drew pretty pictures with blank fields looking for input. I tried my Macrium restore and got some nonsense about my account neede to be updated with the correct privileges, could not restore system. (i did mess up my data files with older stuff.) The one saving factor is most output displayed fine, I could read data, just not see my responses, although they were accepted as expected. Long story shortened: I was able to open Device Manager, select Display adapters, and driver properties. Roll back driver got a Microsoft Basic Display driver that accepted keyboard input and displayed it in the appropriate fields... Machine works again, just needed some basic adjustments to graphics, font sizes. HTH
    This is the problem I posted:
    Solved Insider Preview 14915 broken - Windows 10 Forums
    I've tried 3 times to go from .905 to .915 but ended up going back to .901, lost my .iso file for .905 and Windows Update will only give me .915, so far quite useless.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,513
    Windows 10 Pro
       12 Sep 2016 #340

    Berton said: View Post
    This is the problem I posted:
    Solved Insider Preview 14915 broken - Windows 10 Forums
    I've tried 3 times to go from .905 to .915 but ended up going back to .901, lost my .iso file for .905 and Windows Update will only give me .915, so far quite useless.
    On the bright side a new build is close. hopefully this will fix the few problems that some Insiders are having.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile
751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile
745378334754803715 743609507951960064 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile
725082490369536001 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums