Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Sep 2016 #221
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,219
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Wait.. what??

    Attachment 100042
    agreed. Don't get the point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Sep 2016 #222
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Tell me if I'm wrong but I think that difference between fast and slow ring builds is only in date received. Just postponing inevitable. Don't think the fix anything in slow ring that was bad in fast.
    I don't think the slow ring gets every build that's released to the fast ring, only the more stable ones that they want to expand the number of test beds for.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Sep 2016 #223
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    other left coast
    Posts : 164
    Windows 10 14590 x64 and Win Insider test builds

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgrath View Post
    I don't think the slow ring gets every build that's released to the fast ring, only the more stable ones that they want to expand the number of test beds for.

    I belive that is true I don't think they got some of the stink bombs we've occasionally had all along
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Sep 2016 #224
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,025
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17004/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Well I finally nailed 14915.

    1) Reformat Samsung 850 256GB SSD with dual boot setup.
    2) Installed Windows 10 1607 Build 14393.
    3) Updated to Build 14393.105 and all other updates in August.
    4) Reinstalled 60 free and shareware products.
    5) Installed built-in Administrator Login
    6) Installed Hyper-V and Ubuntu Bash.
    7) Tried to see if any updates on slow ring - none
    8) Went to Fast Ring
    9) 14915 appeared within a minute. Took about an hour from start to finish to install the upgrade.
    10) Made a few images using AOEMI Backupper 3.5 before and after.

    Next up. Reinstall openSUSE 42.2. I install VMware WS Pro 12 and Virtualbox 5.14 - I have 12-15 VMs Linux and Windows. On Windows 10 I'll install VMware Converter and viretualize the 14915 physical drive - run it as a VM under Linux.

    Can't have more fun than this folks

    Marty

    There must be some kind of way outta here
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    06 Sep 2016 #225
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,194
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    Well I finally nailed 14915.

    1) Reformat Samsung 850 256GB SSD with dual boot setup.
    2) Installed Windows 10 1607 Build 14393.
    3) Updated to Build 14393.105 and all other updates in August.
    4) Reinstalled 60 free and shareware products.
    5) Installed built-in Administrator Login
    6) Installed Hyper-V and Ubuntu Bash.
    7) Tried to see if any updates on slow ring - none
    8) Went to Fast Ring
    9) 14915 appeared within a minute. Took about an hour from start to finish to install the upgrade.
    10) Made a few images using AOEMI Backupper 3.5 before and after.

    Next up. Reinstall openSUSE 42.2. I install VMware WS Pro 12 and Virtualbox 5.14 - I have 12-15 VMs Linux and Windows. On Windows 10 I'll install VMware Converter and viretualize the 14915 physical drive - run it as a VM under Linux.

    Can't have more fun than this folks

    Marty

    There must be some kind of way outta here
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief.
    Pulling out wisdom teeth can be fun too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    06 Sep 2016 #226
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,617
    Win 10 Pro x64

    I am having issues with network discovery. I can't see all my connected computers and NAS. Is this just an isolated issue?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_09_07_01_46_361.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	100221
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Sep 2016 #227
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,219
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I am having issues with network discovery. I can't see all my connected computers and NAS. Is this just an isolated issue?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_09_07_01_46_361.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	100221
    what I find is that with each new build, network has to be re-established to discover what's on the network. I re-enter password and it rediscovers other computers on network.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Sep 2016 #228
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,617
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    what I find is that with each new build, network has to be re-established to discover what's on the network. I re-enter password and it rediscovers other computers on network.
    Yeah, but I can't see the icons to any devices on the network. If I can click on it, I can re-enter my username and password. But nothing comes up.
    I don't see any of this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_09_07_02_10_541.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	100227
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    06 Sep 2016 #229
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    other left coast
    Posts : 164
    Windows 10 14590 x64 and Win Insider test builds

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    Well I finally nailed 14915.

    1) Reformat Samsung 850 256GB SSD with dual boot setup.
    2) Installed Windows 10 1607 Build 14393.
    3) Updated to Build 14393.105 and all other updates in August.
    4) Reinstalled 60 free and shareware products.
    5) Installed built-in Administrator Login
    6) Installed Hyper-V and Ubuntu Bash.
    7) Tried to see if any updates on slow ring - none
    8) Went to Fast Ring
    9) 14915 appeared within a minute. Took about an hour from start to finish to install the upgrade.
    10) Made a few images using AOEMI Backupper 3.5 before and after.

    Next up. Reinstall openSUSE 42.2. I install VMware WS Pro 12 and Virtualbox 5.14 - I have 12-15 VMs Linux and Windows. On Windows 10 I'll install VMware Converter and viretualize the 14915 physical drive - run it as a VM under Linux.

    Can't have more fun than this folks

    Marty

    There must be some kind of way outta here
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief.
    On 14905 clean install with WU fast ring update delivery branch not working on the SSD and from the ESD both that I scraped out of the old PC and put in here dual booting and blocking a new 14915 build ,

    I just downloaded a 14915 ESD from a trusted source ,made some media then diskpart cmd cleaned and Windows Disk Manager GPT/UEFI initialized and NTFS formatted the SSD to one new volume with Widows managing the GPT partitions like the previous install in this PCand rolled in 14915 from media smooth as butter .

    The SSD preparation did not take 5 min and only some minutes for the ESD download and not long to migrate my files,folders ,data , drivers ,basic utilities ,desktop shortcuts and program setup exe from a named build transfer item folder and subfolders on the metal storage here .

    I update for each new anticipated transfer folder configuration for windows betas on this SSD or just because on whereas ultimately the main transfer folder and sub folders have the current installed win insider build naming on it that goes into the next build or a clean install and then the folder name gets advanced with a new copy in the maybe 3 saved build transfer folder and ESD rotations on storage . .
    Last edited by electronuser; 06 Sep 2016 at 19:28.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    06 Sep 2016 #230
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,144
    Windows 10 Professional

    Advertising within File Explorer! Now I've seen it all!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (25).png 
Views:	34 
Size:	329.7 KB 
ID:	100246
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile
751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile
745378334754803715 743609507951960064 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile
725082490369536001 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums