Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 199
    Release + Insider Preview Home Build 15014
       04 Sep 2016 #161

    magilla said: View Post
    It's interesting that there hasn't been lots of dialog about this build. Does this mean it's dull or everyone is satisfied with it?
    IMHO, we Insiders love testing new features and new UI changes....something that is visible to the end user. At this point in the Redstone2 development cycle, all of the changes are being done internally "in the code" so to speak, so although we can go through and do the necessary bug testing that results from changing code, we do it, but because there isn't anything exciting happening yet, everyone here has been sort of subdued.

    That is my take IMHO, feel free to disagree or agree, I wouldn't care.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1,087
    Win10 Pro Build 15014.rs_prerelease 170115-1253
       04 Sep 2016 #162

    - true..
    - it feels "lighter" if that's any guide..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,578
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Sep 2016 #163

    First time ever, since October 1st 2014 and first Windows 10 Technical Preview I had to restore earlier build and can't use the latest.

    Of all builds I have only skipped two which I did not even download and install because release notes already told I couldn't use them due lacking language packs (a must for me). However, this is the first time I installed a new build but then after only a day had to restore to previous build, this time my issue was not mentioned in release notes.

    The reason: My WiFi simply died after upgrading to 14915. No legacy or new drivers from manufacturer's site worked, all possible driver's giving this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	99906

    WLAN NIC is from Ralink.

    I need Miracast wireless display, which of course does not work if WLAN NIC does not work. A deal breaker for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,447
    Windows10
       05 Sep 2016 #164

    I am not surprised by this - IMO MS have become very sloppy now with Insider Releases and Quality Control. Sure we expect bugs but to GLARINGLY keep breaking things that worked in previous release is bordering on incompetent.

    We should all as Insiders feed this back. I would prefer we go back to slightly earlier approach where Insider versions were a bit less frequent but better tested before release.

    I want to try new features and feed back views - I do not want to become an unpaid MS debugger as it is beginning to feel like now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 335
    Windows 10x64 15007
       05 Sep 2016 #165

    Dona is much more willing to push the envelope on releasing new builds than Gabe was. I'd much prefer a move toward slightly less frequent releases in return for a bit more stability.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,578
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Sep 2016 #166

    cereberus said: View Post
    I want to try new features and feed back views - I do not want to become an unpaid MS debugger as it is beginning to feel like now.
    cyberrufus said: View Post
    Dona is much more willing to push the envelope on releasing new builds than Gabe was. I'd much prefer a move toward slightly less frequent releases in return for a bit more stability.
    Although I now had to go back to previous build, I must say I disagree a bit. My issue is a typical example why we have Fast and Slow rings; if you are not willing to risk using Fast Ring finding it too unstable, you can opt in to Slow Ring.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,983
    All kinds
       05 Sep 2016 #167

    My colors are seriously messed up and can't change them any more, gonna have to borrow a theme from someone else. I deleted all of my old ones a month ago.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    05 Sep 2016 #168

    Really hope the next update comes out soon, or I need to do a clean install and start again.
    915 wont install and because I cant get in the settings I cant stop it downloading everytime the PC checks for update.
    Don't really want to Start again, but its looking like I may have too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       05 Sep 2016 #169

    cereberus said: View Post
    I am not surprised by this - IMO MS have become very sloppy now with Insider Releases and Quality Control. Sure we expect bugs but to GLARINGLY keep breaking things that worked in previous release is bordering on incompetent.

    We should all as Insiders feed this back. I would prefer we go back to slightly earlier approach where Insider versions were a bit less frequent but better tested before release.

    I want to try new features and feed back views - I do not want to become an unpaid MS debugger as it is beginning to feel like now.
    Think back a bit and when Gabe said that the builds would come much faster there would be more bugs in them. So.,. we were well warned about this and now it's happening.

    1 Faster builds
    2 More Bugs..

    3 Remedy,, get out of the fast lane if you don't like the idea of having all of these bugs??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,983
    All kinds
       05 Sep 2016 #170

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Think back a bit and when Gabe said that the builds would come much faster there would be more bugs in them. So.,. we were well warned about this and now it's happening.

    1 Faster builds
    2 More Bugs..

    3 Remedy,, get out of the fast lane if you don't like the idea of having all of these bugs??
    I may not like it but I can take it as long as it's usable and runs everything I throw at it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile
751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile
745378334754803715 743609507951960064 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile
725082490369536001 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums