Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105
Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105
Microsoft has re-released Cumulative Update (KB3176938) to Windows 10 version 1607 Build 14393 for PC.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Windows Ink Workspace, Microsoft Edge, File Server, Windows kernel, Microsoft Component Object Model (COM), Cluster Health Service, Hyper-V, multi-factor authentication (MFA), NTFS file system, PowerShell, Internet Explorer 11, facial recognition, graphics, Windows Store, and Windows Shell.
- Improved performance related to purchasing Windows Store apps.
- Improved battery life of wearable devices (such as the Microsoft Band) while Bluetooth is connected and idle.
- Improved compatibility of using Xbox One controllers with various games.
- Addressed issue with incorrect character mapping between Japanese and Unicode for the question mark.
- Addressed issue that prevents the download and initialization of .NET objects in Internet Explorer 11.
- Improved support of new near-field communication (NFC) chips for Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue with game or app audio not resuming after ending a call on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed additional issues with compatibility, remote desktop, BitLocker, PowerShell, Direct3D, networking policies, Dynamic Access Control (DAC) rules, Microsoft Edge, Connected Standby, mobile device management (MDM), printing, Fingerprint logon, and Cortana.
For more information about the complete list of affected files, see KB3176938
Last edited by Brink; 31 Aug 2016 at 15:23.
I'm not an Insider and I just got this update as well, winver shows .105.
Still no fix for the freezing issues.
me too, but unexpected. Wasn't prepared for this, and babysitting it. Hopefully it's a safe one!
Ten Forward said:
KB3176938 is now available on Windows Update for 'normal' (non insider) users, and bumps the build to 14393.105
Outside the Box
Thanks for info...done and dusted
After installing update and reboot, update was said to be succesfull. Powering off one computer led to BSOD,the other was not switching off but "preparing windows". What the bloody hell is happening?
My Hyper V stopped working after this update. Any one else?
Ten Forward said:
Same with me ! Is this update being released to the general public ?? I received it on 3 home computers. I am not an insider. Never have been. None of my computers are logged in with a Microsoft account.
Thanks for any clarification. But as of now my 3 computers are showing VERSION: 1607 OS build 14393.105
UPDATE 8/31/2016: This update has been re-released as build 14393.105.
:arrow: If you are in the Fast ring, then you will not get this update since you are on build 14905.1000.
Source: Cumulative Update Build...
A new cumulative update build for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile has started rolling out for Insiders on the Release Preview ring.
How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.67 for PC and Mobile now available - Feedback Hub
UPDATE: July 28th 2016
Source: Cumalative Update Build 14393.5 for PC and Mobile Now Available - Feedback Hub
Source: Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 now available - Feedback Hub