Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 19,529
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       01 Sep 2016 #41

    Rudy Mas said: View Post
    All my systems downloaded and installed this update, except for my Desktop PC.

    I always receive Error code: (0x80073712).

    I already did a sfc /scannow, but it didn't find anything wrong. I also did a Disk Cleanup (Clean up system files).

    Is there anything else I could try before doing a restore installation with a Windows 10 ISO?

    PS: I forgot to tell this, I also tried an installation with the KB I downloaded from Microsoft, but this didn't work either.
    @Rudy Mas Take a look here and give this a try. Might fix it right up...

    Uanble to install Windows Updates, Error code 0x80073712 - Microsoft Community
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    01 Sep 2016 #42

    Wynona said: View Post
    I got the cumulative update, and now my laptop won't start. I just shut down the third hard reboot. I'm really surprised, because most of the time, I don't have any issues.

    Edit: Pulled the battery (old trick) and left it out for a bit. Then turned it back on. HP came up with the circles chasing each other, but then went blank and the circles by themselves came back up. I started hitting Enter a few times and it finally started working on the updates.

    Everything seems to be OK now. At least it's booted. Now, do I dare to turn it off?
    Ah, the sheer joys of laptop ownership... Makes me pine for the 'good old days' when work forced a laptop on me and I had to leave my desktop behind for awhile [not]... (Should I ever 'pine' for a laptop please sign me up for electroshock therapy at the first opportunity!)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. hTconeM9user's Avatar
    Posts : 2,551
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.953
       01 Sep 2016 #43

    Mine downloaded and installed all ok tried everything all good so far
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    01 Sep 2016 #44

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @Rudy Mas Take a look here and give this a try. Might fix it right up...

    Uanble to install Windows Updates, Error code 0x80073712 - Microsoft Community
    Tried all those things, nothing worked.

    So, I decided to just go the easiest way, instead of trying to find why it didn't work. I mounted the 1607 ISO and ran the setup. After the installation, my Win10 version is at 105.

    I uninstalled Visual Studio 2015 a couple of weeks ago and also all the other stuff connected to VS2015. By doing this, I probably uninstalled something which Windows 10 needed to make Windows Update work.

    So, by doing a fresh installation, it should have fixed it all. I will know for sure when the next updates will arrive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 19,529
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       01 Sep 2016 #45

    Rudy Mas said: View Post
    Tried all those things, nothing worked.

    So, I decided to just go the easiest way, instead of trying to find why it didn't work. I mounted the 1607 ISO and ran the setup. After the installation, my Win10 version is at 105.

    I uninstalled Visual Studio 2015 a couple of weeks ago and also all the other stuff connected to VS2015. By doing this, I probably uninstalled something which Windows 10 needed to make Windows Update work.

    So, by doing a fresh installation, it should have fixed it all. I will know for sure when the next updates will arrive.
    Good. Glad you're back up. Sounds like you did an in-place repair install, not a clean install.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    01 Sep 2016 #46

    Rudy Mas said: View Post
    Tried all those things, nothing worked.

    So, I decided to just go the easiest way, instead of trying to find why it didn't work. I mounted the 1607 ISO and ran the setup. After the installation, my Win10 version is at 105.

    I uninstalled Visual Studio 2015 a couple of weeks ago and also all the other stuff connected to VS2015. By doing this, I probably uninstalled something which Windows 10 needed to make Windows Update work.

    So, by doing a fresh installation, it should have fixed it all. I will know for sure when the next updates will arrive.
    Just curious, which VS2015 add-ons are you referring to? AFAIK... VS only adds the SDK's, not sure WU really cares about those?

    BTW, upgrade install didn't solve my issues with AU, did clean install and it's coming up roses...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    02 Sep 2016 #47

    My system was plagued by boot-up, freezing, and other strange issues after the Anniversary update. The latest update fixed all those issues and the system is now super stable again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    03 Sep 2016 #48

    Yes right on f14tomcat,next time i will post the x64 first and the x86 edition last...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. Stevekir's Avatar
    Posts : 120
    Windows 10 Home (with Anniversary Aug. 2016)
       03 Sep 2016 #49

    My system tells me that KB3176938 was automatically installed on 1 September, and that I am up-to-date with system updates, but I am still getting the same occasional stalling when the machine freezes for about 8 seconds, usually soon after startup or wakening.

    I read recently that this is a known problem involving machines that had an SSD for the C: drive and with personal files (Documents, Pictures etc.) on a separate drive (in my case a 2 TB internal rotational drive). (My programs are also on the SSD). I was hoping that the above KB would solve it, but no luck.

    Am I now stuck with this bug?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    04 Sep 2016 #50

    Would be nice if you have a tag similar to INSIDER, XBOX and INSIDER. Maybe call it WINDOWS REG for everyone else that doesn't have INSIDER.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 8/31/2016: This update has been re-released as build 14393.105. 768894503625207808 :arrow: If you are in the Fast ring, then you will not get this update since you are on build 14905.1000. Source: Cumulative Update Build...
A new cumulative update build for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile has started rolling out for Insiders on the Release Preview ring. PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
763119636485332992 Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.67 for PC and Mobile now available - Feedback Hub 95198
UPDATE: July 28th 2016 758786121258020864 757686229747900416 Source: Cumalative Update Build 14393.5 for PC and Mobile Now Available - Feedback Hub
756605389077086208 Source: Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 now available - Feedback Hub
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums