Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
  1.    23 May 2015 #251
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,144
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I click change product code and the UAC prompt comes up, for an instant and disappears. If I hover my cursor over its icon on the taskbar it shows on screen but disappears again as soon as I move my cursor to click yes. I can't minimize the update and security window because of the waiting UAC prompt confirm or deny. Great. I am now locked in a no win situation. Looks like I'll have to kill it with task manager.
    Strange! Can you set UAC to 'never notify' after you get out of the jam?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    23 May 2015 #252
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,260
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Strange! Can you set UAC to 'never notify' after you get out of the jam?
    lol, did that and when I click yes on the UAC prompt to change the UAC settings nothing happens. The screen just froze. Closed it out with the red X and it showed UAC set to off. Went back into change key but don't have a key to enter for 10122 Pro.

    My USB 3 external monitor is now useless. Display link installed but I can't set it to the proper resolution. Settings could not be saved message, when I click keep these settings. It won't display anything unless its set to the correct resolution. Looks like yet another waist of time installing Windows 10 on my laptop. No ccc pop ups yet though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    23 May 2015 #253
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,187
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    I have been running all day with CCC.exe running without crashing. I am posting this with Spartan. Now to try Wynona's bold problem once again, which I have also encountered. Now it stopped again. This is typed after the sentences that follow. So still a problem! pots tnow ti won ,dlobnu tnow ti tI !anonyW ti seod llits ti ,pey sdrawkcab si llits ti dna dlob si sihT This is typed after the sentence above. very interesting. ​
    I never claimed it were mine! You can have it! I don't want it! I'd be most glad to get rid of it forever!

    Magilla, while you're typing in Edge, try highlighting a word and replacing it. Or, did I ask you to do that already?

    Anyway, type [silverware] highlight it and start to replace it by typing [cutlery]. Are you able to replace [silverware] or do you have to delete it and then replace it with [cutlery]?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 May 2015 #254
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,260
    Windows 10 IoT

    Sigh, un installed Displaylink and then installed the V7.8 Beta 1 for Windows 10 but still the same glitch. It will not let me change the screen resolution from 1024 x 768 to the required 1366 x 768. This is a deal breaker for me. Back to 8.1 for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    23 May 2015 #255
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,219
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I never claimed it were mine! You can have it! I don't want it! I'd be most glad to get rid of it forever!

    Magilla, while you're typing in Edge, try highlighting a word and replacing it. Or, did I ask you to do that already?

    Anyway, type [silverware] highlight it and start to replace it by typing [cutlery]. Are you able to replace [silverware] or do you have to delete it and then replace it with [cutlery]?
    cutlery Yes, I can replace silverware with cutlery. That is in regular font, NOT BOLDED. Cannot get rid of bolding now cutlery yes I can replace silverware by highlighting it and typing over it with cutlery. But I keep having to press the bold key over and over to get it to type forward and not backward. When it is typing backward and boldfaced it will not do the highlight and replace. tonac baccab yreltuCerawrevliS​ It is strange and I don't want it either. I keep going to I.E. to read and enter comments into the Forum!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    23 May 2015 #256
    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10 PRO

    Updated to 10122 without a hitch,I only use computer for buying and selling on eBay, Amazon and a couple of blogs, no clever stuff. Never had any problems, in fact I post to a forum and with Explorer I could never paste any content or imbed any URL links. Nicely surprised I can now do this with Spartan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    23 May 2015 #257
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 358
    Windows 10 Fast Ring

    Be aware that there is some issues with video drivers (both AMD and NVidia) that are popping up within the last couple of days. For instance, I cannot run World of Warcraft in full screen mode with the updated NVidia Win10 driver just released (352.84). I need to use borderless windowed mode. My issue may just be related to not completely cleaning out the old Win8.1 driver tho (I DID say to do a clean install).

    Also, someone who has an old, old AMD graphics card said that they could no longer run the latest Win10 version. I forget what the issue is, but old cards that no longer get updated drivers may barf with Win10. No firm proof to this statement but just keep that in mind.

    I will update any more graphics driver issues when/if I get more substantial examples.

    "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcasting System. In an actual emergency, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBS_Test_Screen.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	19727
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    23 May 2015 #258
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,187
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    cutlery Yes, I can replace silverware with cutlery. That is in regular font, NOT BOLDED.
    I just checked it and I can now highlight a word and replace it without having to delete it first! Some progress so far.

    Are we the only ones with the bold issue?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    23 May 2015 #259
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,187
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by John Pombrio View Post
    Be aware that there is some issues with video drivers (both AMD and NVidia) that are popping up within the last couple of days. For instance, I cannot run World of Warcraft in full screen mode with the updated NVidia Win10 driver just released (352.84). I need to use borderless windowed mode. My issue may just be related to not completely cleaning out the old Win8.1 driver tho (I DID say to do a clean install).

    Also, someone who has an old, old AMD graphics card said that they could no longer run the latest Win10 version. I forget what the issue is, but old cards that no longer get updated drivers may barf with Win10. No firm proof to this statement but just keep that in mind.

    I will update any more graphics driver issues when/if I get more substantial examples.

    "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcasting System. In an actual emergency, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBS_Test_Screen.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	19727
    John, I hesitate to give advice to you, of all people, but have you tried going into Device Manager and updating your display drivers? It worked for me once!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 May 2015 #260
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,691
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by John Pombrio View Post
    Be aware that there is some issues with video drivers (both AMD and NVidia) that are popping up within the last couple of days. For instance, I cannot run World of Warcraft in full screen mode with the updated NVidia Win10 driver just released (352.84). I need to use borderless windowed mode. My issue may just be related to not completely cleaning out the old Win8.1 driver tho (I DID say to do a clean install).

    Also, someone who has an old, old AMD graphics card said that they could no longer run the latest Win10 version. I forget what the issue is, but old cards that no longer get updated drivers may barf with Win10. No firm proof to this statement but just keep that in mind.

    I will update any more graphics driver issues when/if I get more substantial examples.

    "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcasting System. In an actual emergency, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBS_Test_Screen.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	19727

    Here's a good utility to use before installing/upgrading GPU drivers. http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ That should help make sure any leftovers are cleaned up.

    As for Nvidia's Windows 10 drivers...none of them have worked well for me at all. I get constant hard locks of my computer when playing games or changing settings in-game. Hopefully they'll put out some drivers that don't completely lock up my system by the time W10 RTMs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166
Source - Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows UPDATE: 631136148014764032
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149
Source
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums