1.    17 May 2015 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Bay Area
    Posts : 18,312
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64

    Microsoft will sell a 55- and 84-inch Surface this year


    Microsoft already sells Surface devices in two sizes — 10 and 12 inches. Later this year, the Surface is going big. Really, really big.

    Targeted primarily at business users, Microsoft will offer the Surface Hub in two sizes: 55 inches and 84 inches. In many ways, they really are just scaled-up versions of the Surface Pro. They have touchscreens and support pen input just like their siblings, but while the Surface Pro is built to let workers and teams get things done when they’re off on their own, the Surface Hub is all about letting them be more productive when they work together.
    Source

    A Guy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 May 2015 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    CooooooooooooooooL!. . .just can't wait. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 May 2015 #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    CooooooooooooooooL!. . .just can't wait. . .
    Now That's a Winner --84 inch screen !!!!! hardly portable or "Mobile" though !!!!!

    IMO the maximum convenient PORTABLE size these days is around 11 inches -- large enough to do sensible work while small enough to be very portable - especially in tight spaces such as on planes etc.

    An external docking station greatly enhances a surface Pro when used in a workplace. !!
    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 May 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Standish, Lancashire
    Posts : 5,908
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    It's not meant to be portable, it's for use in meeting rooms and class rooms etc.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    18 May 2015 #5

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    It's not meant to be portable, it's for use in meeting rooms and class rooms etc.
    Hi there.

    I know - but I was just having a laugh at the thought of someone trying to get one of those huge screens on a Tram in Manchester during the rush hour !!!.

    Still great idea for meeting rooms etc -- hopefully the graphics will be up to it without burning the device out -- high graphics rez cards / chips get mega hot especially if in an enclosed space.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 May 2015 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    . . .albeit just the idea of telling your friends. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 May 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 99
    xp w7 w8.1 linux

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi there.

    I know - but I was just having a laugh at the thought of someone trying to get one of those huge screens on a Tram in Manchester during the rush hour !!!.

    Still great idea for meeting rooms etc -- hopefully the graphics will be up to it without burning the device out -- high graphics rez cards / chips get mega hot especially if in an enclosed space.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Dont forget the set of steps to touch the top of the sceen as well even if in a meeting room where it is mounted on a wall.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 May 2015 #8

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Now That's a Winner --84 inch screen !!!!! hardly portable or "Mobile" though !!!!!

    IMO the maximum convenient PORTABLE size these days is around 11 inches -- large enough to do sensible work while small enough to be very portable - especially in tight spaces such as on planes etc.

    An external docking station greatly enhances a surface Pro when used in a workplace. !!
    Cheers
    jimbo

    It's ment for presentations and you can run powerpoint presentations on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    19 May 2015 #9
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 95
    win 10 pro

    The important question is what resolution would it be?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 May 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    I know a forums admin who will get one of these as soon as they become available .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Working on Budget Windows 10 Tablet with 10.6-Inch Display..
Source
Windows 10 News
Surface Pro 4 later this year with W10 installed
Hi there Surface Pro 3 is proving a lot better than anticipated (the real pro 3 not the RT thingey). However this will surely whet your appetite --could be an Apple killer. Also will have W10 installed (apparently). The NEW Surface Pro 4. ...
Drivers and Hardware
With Windows 9 Coming This Year, Microsoft Goes All-In on Rapid Releases
The rest of the story:
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums