Windows 10: Changes to Family features in Windows 10
Changes to Family features in Windows 10
We update this page regularly to keep you informed about new things you can use now and what's coming up next.
One Microsoft family for Windows PC , Windows Phone and Xbox
Manage your family in one place at account.microsoft.com/family
. See the settings for each child in your family, and make changes to their settings online.
Screen Time changes
Add new members to your family
- Set multiple screen time limits per day for your kids' devices. You can also view the allowed time in a calendar.
- When your child runs out of screen time on a device, enter your password and give them more screen time on the same device. This works even when you don't have internet access.
Instead of sending new email invites to new members, add them directly from account.microsoft.com/family
Notifications from your kids
When your kid asks permission to browse a blocked website, you'll get a toast notification on your Windows PC and you can give permission right away.
Safer web browsing
- Most commonly used browsers don't have web filtering. To keep your children safer, we'll automatically block these browsers on their devices. You can always choose to allow your child to use other browsers.
- Allow list only for Web browsing : Choose which websites you want you want to allow your kid to visit. They'll be blocked from any other websites not on the allowed list. Turn on website blocking at account.microsoft.com/family.
Easily see your kid's activity for the past week. We'll send you an email with your kid's activity info and links to account.microsoft.com/family
for more detailed info.
Family friendly Store
- Easily add money to your kid's Microsoft account, and set limits for how much your kids spend in the store on account.microsoft.com/family.
- Review the credit cards on your child’s account.
- When your child is browsing content in the store they'll only be able to see age appropriate content.
Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for family
How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10
If you're sharing a Windows 10 device with your kids, letting them sign in with their own accounts will give them the freedom to explore safely while you're still able...
How to Manage Family Settings for a Child in Windows 10
It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using Add a family member from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always...
I will go straight to the point here guys,
I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys)
I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack!
I have a question, while I know that for foreign language keyboard input which is under Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language, what is the purpose of the one under Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features as it...
How to Allow or Block Family Member from using a PC in Windows 10
It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using Add a family member from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And...