Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1.    18 May 2015 #111
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I hate when they do that. No one knows what MS is planning except those in charge at MS. Until MS releases their plans all we can do is guess.
    MS has posted clearly that there will be no charge/subscription for Win10..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 May 2015 #112
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,590
    Windows 10 IoT

    I posted this earlier but maybe it got missed

    Someone made a remark "New features could be optional if a subscription is required. Don't pay for the subscription you don't get the new features." to which I half jokingly said, "Don't pay your subscription and you'll likely find out you can't continue to use Windows. ". Then things went off track.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 May 2015 #113
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I understand.. I recall when this .. no fee.. was announced I commented that some will never believe this.. and no matter what MS or anyone says they will believe that MS is up to no good.

    Some things never change..
    MS may or may not be up to no good. I would like to hear from them how they plan on making a profit from Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 May 2015 #114
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,590
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    MS may or may not be up to no good. I would like to hear from them how they plan on making a profit from Windows 10.
    Did you read my post? New PC sales is one way. People upgrading their OS after the free period expires is another.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 May 2015 #115
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    MS may or may not be up to no good. I would like to hear from them how they plan on making a profit from Windows 10.
    They still will make money from new PC's and cost savings.. there is no fee/subscription fee.. Right now MS doesn't make that much from OS sales and any loss in that will be made up in other areas.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 May 2015 #116
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    MS has posted clearly that there will be no charge/subscription for Win10..
    I know they said that there wouldn't be a charge for anyone who wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 if you have a qualifying OS. And you have to do it within a year of it's release. When did they say there would be no charge/Subscription? If you have a link I'd like to read it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 May 2015 #117
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Did you read my post? New PC sales is one way. People upgrading their OS after the free period expires is another.
    This very well may be true and exactly what MS has planned . Did you hear this officially from MS?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 May 2015 #118
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I know they said that there wouldn't be a charge for anyone who wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 if you have a qualifying OS. And you have to do it within a year of it's release. When did they say there would be no charge/Subscription? If you have a link I'd like to read it.
    I'll try to find it but it was a bit ago... trust me.. there will be no subscription fee.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 May 2015 #119
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,460
    Mint 18.3
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    They still will make money from new PC's and cost savings.. there is no fee/subscription fee.. Right now MS doesn't make that much from OS sales and any loss in that will be made up in other areas.
    M$ is hurting from the XP thing most of those boxes do not show up on the net so they are not counted that number could be huge. M$ giving W10 away may break that cycle as W7 will be the next XP soon and that number puts the XP number to shame. Also M$ is still looking to break into the mobile market by offering a free upgrade to get the user numbers up they will get developers to port there APPs to Windows platform without that windows mobile is sunk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 May 2015 #120
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    M$ is hurting from the XP thing most of those boxes do not show up on the net so they are not counted that number could be huge. M$ giving W10 away may break that cycle as W7 will be the next XP soon and that number puts the XP number to shame. Also M$ is still looking to break into the mobile market by offering a free upgrade to get the user numbers up they will get developers to port there APPs to Windows platform without that windows mobile is sunk.
    I keep forgetting that.. I'm sort of surprised that MS didn't come up with a way for Xp users to get a version of Win10.. the issue with hardware requirements would be a deal killer.. but a "light" version..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service
25457 Ever since news broke of Windows 10 reaching the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) milestone of development, my inbox has been full of people claiming that I’m wrong about build 10240 (the build released to Insiders) being the official Windows...
Windows 10 News
Windows as a Service: The pros and cons
More
Windows 10 News
Will windows 10 have a subscription service?
Will windows 10 have a subscription service? I can see some issues with that. Not everyone wants another monthly bill. I am not crazy about Linux but I did find Lubuntu works, the only issue I have is backup up and restore to a usb hard...
Chillout Room
Windows as a service: What's Threshold got to do with it?
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums