Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14905 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,497
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home
       27 Aug 2016 #231

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    MS's goal was to simplify the code base to cut costs and what you're suggesting would go against that goal.
    Cliff S said: View Post
    Good argument
    As opposed to the 16 PC versions(?) we have now?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...mparison_chart

    My scheme would only need 8 versions:
    • W10 Free (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Free (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N (32 & 64 bit)

    Versus:
    • W10 Home (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Home (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Pro (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Pro (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Education (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Education (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 12,102
    Windows 10 Pro
       27 Aug 2016 #232

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    • W10 Home (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Home (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Pro (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Pro (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Education (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Education (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
    You forgot all KN versions, Enterprise LTSB and Pro Education editions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 12,186
    W10Prox64
       27 Aug 2016 #233

    Kari said: View Post
    You forgot all KN versions, Enterprise LTSB and Pro Education editions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Aug 2016 #234

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    As opposed to the 16 PC versions(?) we have now?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...mparison_chart

    My scheme would only need 8 versions:
    • W10 Free (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Free (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N (32 & 64 bit)

    Versus:
    • W10 Home (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Home (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Pro (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Pro (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Education (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Education (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10 Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
    • W10N Enterprise (32 & 64 bit)
    The core code for all of those versions is still the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Aug 2016 #235

    I would still like to see a simple, no frills, no program/APP, picture/MM, no theme, no SS, bare bone version. Drivers would be just elementary, generic and just enough to get things going even if that means injecting them during install process. After all, a lot of drivers are from 2006 or from before. Drivers like that existed before , even for GPUs, printers etc.
    It would be dirt cheap and able to install on very limited space drives.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 16,079
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       28 Aug 2016 #236

    CountMike said: View Post
    I would still like to see a simple, no frills, no program/APP, picture/MM, no theme, no SS, bare bone version. Drivers would be just elementary, generic and just enough to get things going even if that means injecting them during install process. After all, a lot of drivers are from 2006 or from before. Drivers like that existed before , even for GPUs, printers etc.
    It would be dirt cheap and able to install on very limited space drives.
    Windows 7?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    28 Aug 2016 #237

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Windows 7?
    They were also loaded with stuff. I replaced many elements with better and free programs anyway.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 164
    Windows 10 14590 x64 and Win Insider test builds
       28 Aug 2016 #238

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Insider builds are rarely if ever dropped on weekends.
    I got one on a Saturday once but IIRC it may have been flighted on a Friday .

    Sometimes I get them the same day or the next day and occasionally two days ,most often the same day but all that is random here and never on a Sunday .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    28 Aug 2016 #239

    electronuser said: View Post
    I got one on a Saturday once but IIRC it may have been flighted on a Friday .

    Sometimes I get them the same day or the next day and occasionally two days ,most often the same day but all that is random here and never on a Sunday .
    Did you see that I said "rarely" as in they did do it??
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 8,838
    Windows 10 Professional
       28 Aug 2016 #240

    Well, I hope they ship one this week; this Build is pretty ill!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
694219598275588096 UPDATE: 695366743150100480 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 | Windows Experience Blog
700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
667788240343035904 667100737957183488 667102048412913664
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:24.
Find Us