Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Aug 2016 #11
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,198
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    Downloading. Yes, I agree, look at all the issues. But this is insider build and we are here to look and give feedback, so let's go!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Aug 2016 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 553
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT

    I can't believe it, read the thread, looked at updates and it's at 3 percent.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Aug 2016 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 1,194
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    Downloading. Yes, I agree, look at all the issues. But this is insider build and we are here to look and give feedback, so let's go!
    Agree! I'm too happy to get new builds than to carp about what's wrong with them. Besides, I don't do any serious work on my Insider box anyway. If not for Insider builds, it would be parked in its space in the closet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    17 Aug 2016 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK
    Posts : 365
    windows 10

    installed and so far just the normal problems of having to reinstall the newer drivers for touch pad
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Aug 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,497
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Just got it.. so far so good I guess.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Aug 2016 #16
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,198
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    Quote Originally Posted by goatty2 View Post
    installed and so far just the normal problems of having to reinstall the newer drivers for touch pad
    And this has been an on-going problem for you, as I recall.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Aug 2016 #17
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,474
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703

    Downloaded and installed, however with the last two Insider builds 14901 and 14905 I've had a failed install at first.
    First time it appears to download ok then goes to the install, appears to carry it out however it then asks for a restart and then boots straight to the desktop with a failed update notification. It completely misses out the screen which has the spinning dots and Your PC sill restart several times message.
    If I then delete the $WINDOWS.~BT directory then run Check for updates once more it goes through the entire procedure correctly and successfully installs.

    Has anyone else had this ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Aug 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,198
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    Quote Originally Posted by DooGie View Post
    Downloaded and installed, however with the last two Insider builds 14901 and 14905 I've had a failed install at first.
    First time it appears to download ok then goes to the install, appears to carry it out however it then asks for a restart and then boots straight to the desktop with a failed update notification. It completely misses out the screen which has the spinning dots and Your PC sill restart several times message.
    If I then delete the $WINDOWS.~BT directory then run Check for updates once more it goes through the entire procedure correctly and successfully installs.

    Has anyone else had this ?
    No, but am intrigued. You just manually deleted $windows ~BT directory, restarted and redownloaded and it installed o.k.?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Aug 2016 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 553
    ,7,8.1 10TP 10upgrade,MINT

    I like it already, the build number is back on the desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Aug 2016 #20
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,474
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703

    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    No, but am intrigued. You just manually deleted $windows ~BT directory, restarted and redox loaded and it installed o.k.?
    Yes, but I'm not sure if deleting $WINDOWS.~BT directory is necessary, just did it as a precaution.

    What puzzles me is that it's happened twice now. I can understand once being just one of those random occurences but to happen on both the last two builds strikes me as odd.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71
694219598275588096 UPDATE: 695366743150100480 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267
700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586
667788240343035904 667100737957183488 667102048412913664
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums