Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 23
    Windows 10 Home
       #30

    finally I fix it, at least it work for me

    here's when partition become RAW. I usualy run chkdsk /b

    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install-2016-08-14-1-.png


    and now it work!



    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Might Hide Partitions After Install-2016-08-14.png

    what I do is

    1. backup my hdd with WinPE tools... (contain macrium reflect)
    2. delete and re creating partition under win 10 1607 (latest update)

    Here's Important part

    3. Disable driver signing via advanced restart
    4. Update Standard sata controller (to AMD Sata Controller)

    Hope it help. I'm no longer having disappear HDD issue, everytime I run chkdsk /B
      My Computer

  2. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,094
    Windows 10 IoT
       #31

    BunnyJ said:
    +1,, It's really hard to say how many really do encounter this issue and the article claiming that "many" are having it makes me wonder where they get the information from. But the way I look at it Softpedia is good for sensational articles that generate more hits than they have fact,, the things that matter. IMO.
    I've posted what happened to me in a couple of threads here. That will likely show up as three or so hits in a Google search. If I post the same message on 7 and 8 forums, more hits. Like you say hard to tell for sure how many got hit?
      My Computer

  3. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #32

    alphanumeric said:
    I've posted what happened to me in a couple of threads here. That will likely show up as three or so hits in a Google search. If I post the same message on 7 and 8 forums, more hits. Like you say hard to tell for sure how many got hit?
    But generally speaking we don't have people post that things just work so know how bad this issue really is would be very hard to determine.
      My Computer

  4. linw's Avatar
    Posts : 1,908
    win 10 Insider
       #33

    Bit like Doctors, really. They must think everyone is sick!

    But, must say, dropping a terabyte drive with an update is pretty bad, even if it happens to one person. Especially, as David says, you don't really know when the update will happen.

    Would really be good to know what caused it. Also glad none (so far) of the people I support have rung saying where has my drive gone
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 26
    windows 10
       #34

    The bad fact is that this thing happens. And this is a good reason to skip this update.
    To me the only good solution os that microsoft withdraw the anniversary update and prepare a new iso.

    It is crazy for me if they want me to install the defective update+fix

    I want a good non bugged iso.
    Otherwise they lose a customer.
    and my next computer will be apple.
      My Computer

  6. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,301
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #35

    I've deferred updates on my 2 Windows 10 Pro PCs until this important bug is fixed. I'm amazed this problem wasn't found during the extensive Insider testing programme.
    Last edited by Steve C; 15 Aug 2016 at 10:19.
      My Computers

  7. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,094
    Windows 10 IoT
       #36

    BunnyJ said:
    But generally speaking we don't have people post that things just work so know how bad this issue really is would be very hard to determine.
    Yes, totally agree. I was just showing how it could get exaggerated to look worse than it really is. It still sucks if your one of the few though. I had everything backed up so I just lost some time copying my files back etc.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 575
    Windows 10
       #37

    Steve C said:
    I've deferred updates on my 2 Windows 10 pro PCs until this important bug is fixed. I'm amazed this problem wasn't found during the extensive Insider testing programme.
    So far I have reading in this forum, there are reports from almost 1 year ago about the problem of accessing Drives. Just now it seems that is affecting more people.
      My Computer

  9. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,094
    Windows 10 IoT
       #38

    torrente2008 said:
    The bad fact is that this thing happens. And this is a good reason to skip this update.
    To me the only good solution os that microsoft withdraw the anniversary update and prepare a new iso.

    It is crazy for me if they want me to install the defective update+fix

    I want a good non bugged iso.
    Otherwise they lose a customer.
    and my next computer will be apple.
    I doubt they will pull the ISO, they will just patch it and update the image.

    There is no such thing as a bug free operating system, Windows or MAC. There will always be glitches and unexpected's .
    They can't possibly test every piece of hardware on the planet and all the combinations there of.
    I grant you, this is a bad one to slip through though.
      My Computer

  10. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #39

    alphanumeric said:
    I doubt they will pull the ISO, they will just patch it and update the image.

    There is no such thing as a bug free operating system, Windows or MAC. There will always be glitches and unexpected's .
    They can't possibly test every piece of hardware on the planet and all the combinations there of.
    I grant you, this is a bad one to slip through though.
    +1.. well put. Given an OS has over 50 Million lines of code it's impossible to make it bug free. I suspect we'll get a CU some time soon to address this issue.
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums