Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14901 for PC Insider

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 486
    Windows 10x64 17713
       #200

    DooGie said:
    Still not sorted my Settings problem out so early next week it's a clean install of Anniversary.

    I can only think that for whatever reason my download of build 14901 was corrupt.
    It's a bug. Check out the feedback hub and Microsoft forums and you'll see you've got lots of company (myself included).
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 512
    Windows 10
       #201

    These early builds always have major bugs that make it pretty hard to use on a daily basis.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 486
    Windows 10x64 17713
       #202

    Apparently the issue with the settings crashing is limited to the Home versions.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 399
    Windows 10 X64
       #203

    OilerNut said:
    These early builds always have major bugs that make it pretty hard to use on a daily basis.
    Allow me to disagree. From the staart i always used everything from MS on my primary machine, using it for work. Since we do not have that much pc's, mine is used as server, above all....never much problems.

    Jeff
      My Computer

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,551
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #204

    jeffrys said:
    Allow me to disagree. From the staart i always used everything from MS on my primary machine, using it for work. Since we do not have that much pc's, mine is used as server, above all....never much problems.

    Jeff
    Ahhhhh, how refreshing... to hear something positive:)
    I don't have any bugs either, just user mistakes
    Or something not designed to my liking(missing options, unclear UI navigation and such)
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 357
    Release (17134.471) + Insider Preview Fast Ring (18298.1)
       #205

    cyberrufus said:
    Apparently the issue with the settings crashing is limited to the Home versions.
    Are you serious?!?!?!? How could that be? The settings app is common across all versions of Windows. Can someone explain how such a situation can take place?
      My Computer

  7. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 3,027
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #206

    Cliff S said:
    Ahhhhh, how refreshing... to hear something positive:)
    I don't have any bugs either, just user mistakes
    Or something not designed to my liking(missing options, unclear UI navigation and such)
    Now I am a positive person and a great advocate of the W10 Insider program.

    To suggest they have been fault free is nave in the extreme, after all that is why the Insider program exists to unearth these anomalies.

    Finding bugs does not make a person negative in outlook, all I can suggest is you have either been very lucky, or not doing much testing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14901 for PC-feed.png  
      My Computers

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,551
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #207

    dencal said:
    Now I am a positive person and a great advocate of the W10 Insider program.

    To suggest they have been fault free is nave in the extreme, after all that is why the Insider program exists to unearth these anomalies.

    Finding bugs does not make a person negative in outlook, all I can suggest is you have either been very lucky, or not doing much testing.
    3rd option, I'm not that picky
    But seriously, my Insider build is a Hyper-V virtual machine, so I would hope there is no driver issues, as it uses Microsoft's virtual hardware.
    Basically, I have been testing how each upgrade goes, and the new or improved default apps in it.
    Also, I make sure, my "most important" 3rd party software survives the upgrade.
    There are some things the VM cannot test, such as Samsung Magician(some have had problems after a clean install of the anniversary update.

    On my two physical machines though, The only clean install was after the initial "RTM" release. I prefer to just upgrade as it comes, like Microsoft plans, so working software & drivers(ones that don't meet the new strict enforcement of signing now) remain working, where as others after a clean install are now having problems, because a hardware manufacture slopped on getting his drivers digitally signed, even though they had a year warning or so.
      My Computers

  9. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,356
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #208

    I have been running W10 since first version as insider and nary a glitch. Must admit I was skeptical first couple of month and run it as dual boot with 8.1 but since than it's been my daily driver 24/7.
    I do have W7 and couple of Linux distros for fallback though as this is my main computer and other ones are nowhere close to it's performance and capabilities. A laptop is still on XP.
      My Computers

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,551
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #209

    I just never figured out why some members/users feel they "Must" do a clean install after every milestone upgrade.
    There is really no need for it, unless the user messes something up.
    If the upgrade goes awry, reimage, clean up what might have caused the problem, and try again.
      My Computers


 
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums