Windows 10: Office 2016 Public Preview now available Office

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1.    12 May 2015 #41

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, they are, Paul.



    Not true, Paul. I've been on Office 365 2016 (features are pretty much, if not exactly, the same) for awhile now and I can tell you there's not a word of truth to that. If I close a document without saving it, I will definitely be prompted to save it. Here is what I get.

    Attachment 18876
    Many Thanks for confirmation, looking forward to getting this version (current 365 subscriber)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 May 2015 #42

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Many Thanks for confirmation, looking forward to getting this version (current 365 subscriber)
    Hi there

    You don't have to be an office 365 subscriber to use the 180 day Office 2016 preview trial. No features are "hobbled" - it's a full version. (Pro version).

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 May 2015 #43

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    You don't have to be an office 365 subscriber to use the 180 day Office 2016 preview trial. No features are "hobbled" - it's a full version. (Pro version).

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Thanks, will try and check it out during the coming week, need to re install the TP first though, and that takes a day with my BB
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 May 2015 #44

    As my email would not open at all, Outlook opened but not my email. I created a new profile and still it wouldnt open. So, I installed Office 2016 over the top of the previous installation, basically replacing any corrupt files and all is working well now.
    Even to the point that the icons have changed to reflect the current version.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-12_11-19-08.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	18890
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,325
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 May 2015 #45

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    You don't have to be an office 365 subscriber to use the 180 day Office 2016 preview trial. No features are "hobbled" - it's a full version. (Pro version).

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Nope, because this one isn't O365; it's the .msi version. Looks like we may have one more Office Suite that you don't need a subscription to.

    BTW, since this is a Technical Preview, if it's not "finished" within that 180 days (or if a new build comes out), your time will be extended accordingly. Kinda like our Builds of Windows 10 run.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,325
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 May 2015 #46

    Background: Only Office 365 Technical Preview (I can talk about the features up to a certain build, but not much else) has been installed on one of my laptops. Although many have proven it can be workable, I uninstalled (through the Control Panel) O365 in preparation of installing the .msi version. I then downloaded the "stub" in the link provided for "all other office users".

    I ran setup and once Office was installed, I opened Word. I was asked for my account name and password, which, of course, there was none! It wouldn't activate with my O365 credentials. And, on top of that, there doesn't seem to be a place to insert the product key.

    Shawn? Got any ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 8,743
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       12 May 2015 #47

    Wynona, my install gave an error like that too. But I reopened and it worked. I just did another install onto a new VM, it loaded and started back at 179 days . It now shows Outlook 2016 instead of 2013 for me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlook 2016.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	18932
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,325
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 May 2015 #48

    Dude said: View Post
    Wynona, my install gave an error like that too. But I reopened and it worked. I just did another install onto a new VM, it loaded and started back at 179 days . It now shows Outlook 2016 instead of 2013 for me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlook 2016.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	18932
    Dude, I think we both got the Office 365 trial subscription, but I'm not sure. Right now I'm not sure of anything Office. Same thing happened with me. I reopened it to see if I could enter the key and it didn't even ask me for it. That's why I'm thinking I might have gotten the O365 trial rather than the Technical Preview of Office 2016 .msi.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,743
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       13 May 2015 #49

    Wynona, maybe this will clear this up some. I chose the all others on the right side of this pic.
    Source is https://products.office.com/en-us/of...eview#howToGet


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O365 or other.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	18956
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,325
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       13 May 2015 #50

    Dude said: View Post
    Wynona, maybe this will clear this up some. I chose the all others on the right side of this pic.
    Source is https://products.office.com/en-us/of...eview#howToGet


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O365 or other.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	18956
    Yep, that's where I got it. "Get Office 2016 Preview 64 bit".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Office 2016 Preview update 2 - Office Blogs Get Office 2016: Office 2016 Preview download page (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (32 bit) (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (64 bit)
deleted !! posted in error jinbo
Hi there I think this comment is allowed - there is an NDA but I think this is OK. The latest update installs OFFICE 2016 just fine and works OK. Office 2010 is left untouched so you can run BOTH concurrently. OUTLOOK 2016 though uses the same...
Read more: Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016 | ZDNet
Source: http://blogs.office.com/2015/05/20/early-look-at-office-2016-public-preview-for-windows-on-the-desktop-and-phone/
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44.
Find Us