Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       02 Jul 2015 #151

    I don't know it it will help any at all, but I just gave feedback in the form of a NastyGram. Shame on me, but . . .

    Build 10162

    Microsoft Office cannot verify license - Go to Control Panel and Repair

    This is the third build in as many days that has broken my Office 365 Pro Plus installation. I am getting just a bit tired of having to repair something that shouldn't be broken in the first place!

    We're within days of RTM and this problem keeps coming up? Gimme a break! If you can't fix the problem, don't release any more updates until you can fix it!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 598
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       02 Jul 2015 #152

    Wynona said: View Post
    I don't know it it will help any at all, but I just gave feedback in the form of a NastyGram. Shame on me, but . . .

    Build 10162

    Microsoft Office cannot verify license - Go to Control Panel and Repair

    This is the third build in as many days that has broken my Office 365 Pro Plus installation. I am getting just a bit tired of having to repair something that shouldn't be broken in the first place!

    We're within days of RTM and this problem keeps coming up? Gimme a break! If you can't fix the problem, don't release any more updates until you can fix it!
    Oh, so you weren't able to do a repair that worked like I suggested?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       02 Jul 2015 #153

    magilla said: View Post
    Oh, so you weren't able to do a repair that worked like I suggested?
    I had already reinstalled it, Magilla. I have three laptops that will have to have the repair done, so I can check it out then.

    No matter whether a reinstall or a repair is required, we shouldn't have to do it! So, the NastyGram was in order.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 21
    W10 Pro x64
       03 Jul 2015 #154

    Thanks Shawn.
    Will give this a try
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    03 Jul 2015 #155

    magilla said: View Post
    Keep getting message about Outlook is not my default email program. Please open Office Outlook and make it default program. I have done that and have ensured it is default in my Program Default list. Still get this error message....
    I've gotten this message since build 10130 and I'm still getting it with 10162. Very annoying. I've posted the same issue on MS Insider site but got no response.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Jul 2015 #156

    gzt7d8 said: View Post
    I've gotten this message since build 10130 and I'm still getting it with 10162. Very annoying. I've posted the same issue on MS Insider site but got no response.
    Have you tried the repair gzt7d8 told me about?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 247
    latest windows insider home build
       26 Jul 2015 #157

    I currently have office 2013 pro installed, but would like to try office 2016; should I uninstall 2013 first, then install 2016, or can I just install 2016 along with 2013?
    Also, I hear there is a 64 bit version of office 2016 somewhere.. anyone know about that one?

    Running the latest win 10, and plan on clean installing everything shortly after july 29th, so I'm ok with trying anything!
    TYIA!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       26 Jul 2015 #158

    wase4711 said: View Post
    I currently have office 2013 pro installed, but would like to try office 2016; should I uninstall 2013 first, then install 2016, or can I just install 2016 along with 2013?
    Also, I hear there is a 64 bit version of office 2016 somewhere.. anyone know about that one?

    Running the latest win 10, and plan on clean installing everything shortly after july 29th, so I'm ok with trying anything!
    TYIA!
    Microsoft doesn't support having Office 2013 and 2016 installed at the same time; however, some have gotten away with it and others haven't. Were it me, I'd uninstall Office 2013; you can always reinstall it after your trial period ends.

    I don't know what's here, but you can see if 64 bit is offered. That's what I use, BTW.

    Office 2016 Preview

    Yep, I'm going with a clean install of everything too. I looked at my Windows 8.1 installation and saw a whole lot of stuff I will be able to live without, since I haven't used any of it since October.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 247
    latest windows insider home build
       26 Jul 2015 #159

    Its weird; I installed the 64 bit version of office 2016, and it works fine, but I don't have an uninstaller for office 2013 in my control panel/programs and features any more.. its like office 2016 uninstalled office 2013 on its own..

    weird...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       26 Jul 2015 #160

    wase4711 said: View Post
    Its weird; I installed the 64 bit version of office 2016, and it works fine, but I don't have an uninstaller for office 2013 in my control panel/programs and features any more.. its like office 2016 uninstalled office 2013 on its own..

    weird...
    Can you open Office 2013? And create a document?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Office Office 2016 Preview—update 2 now available
Source: Office 2016 Preview update 2 - Office Blogs Get Office 2016: Office 2016 Preview download page (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (32 bit) (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (64 bit)
Windows 10 News
Office 2016 preview -- 64 bit version no longer available !!!!
deleted !! posted in error jinbo
General Support
Office 2016 Preview and Office 2010 concurrently.
Hi there I think this comment is allowed - there is an NDA but I think this is OK. The latest update installs OFFICE 2016 just fine and works OK. Office 2010 is left untouched so you can run BOTH concurrently. OUTLOOK 2016 though uses the same...
Software and Apps
Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016
Read more: Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016 | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Mobile Early look at Office 2016 Public Preview for Windows - on PC and phone
Source: http://blogs.office.com/2015/05/20/early-look-at-office-2016-public-preview-for-windows-on-the-desktop-and-phone/
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums