Cumulative Update KB3176929 for Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.10

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. JohnBurns's Avatar
    Posts : 509
    Windows 10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.815
       #80

    Brendan89 said:
    I Received Cumulative update WS10version 1607 for x64 systems KB3176929 and have now lost Cortana. With No way to switch it back on. Right clicking on the task bar does not give the option. Clicking on the search button gives a message about typing and accessing apps and net. This does work but I would rather have Cortana back. Its not working on Edge either. I ran system restore which brought back Cortana but Then the Update Killed it again. (OS 14393.10 build Windows Insider). This morning i uninstalled the update and Cortana came back. But obviously The system wants me to install it again
    Exact same thing here on 1 pc - the other did NOT have this problem and they are exactly alike. ?? Maybe someone (or Microsoft) will find a solution for this soon, I hope. Will post here if I find one.

    I did find this on MS site:
    "Description
    After installing Windows 10 build 14393.10 (Anniversary Update), Cortana is no longer available, and there is no way to switch it back. Also, Cortana won't work on Microsoft Edge either.
    Status
    Microsoft is aware of the issue and it's working to offer a fix in the next couple of days.
    Resolution
    If you've been affected by this issue, you'll need to wait until Microsoft releases a permanent fix."
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro (14393.10)
       #81

    JohnBurns said:
    Exact same thing here on 1 pc - the other did NOT have this problem and they are exactly alike. ?? Maybe someone (or Microsoft) will find a solution for this soon, I hope. Will post here if I find one.

    I did find this on MS site:
    "Description
    After installing Windows 10 build 14393.10 (Anniversary Update), Cortana is no longer available, and there is no way to switch it back. Also, Cortana won't work on Microsoft Edge either.
    Status
    Microsoft is aware of the issue and it's working to offer a fix in the next couple of days.
    Resolution
    If you've been affected by this issue, you'll need to wait until Microsoft releases a permanent fix."
    Seems to be related to a a requirement where Bing search must be enabled for Cortana to work, the registry change in this discussion worked for me..

    https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...-language.html
      My Computer

  3. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,354
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #82

    My Cortana works but throws error when accessing Bing

    .Cumulative Update KB3176929 for Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.10-cortana1.jpg
      My Computers

  4. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,981
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       #83

    Should this thread retain the Insider prefix now that it is confirmed as the Anniversary release? - any discussion here is now surely relevant to non-insiders too. :)
      My Computers

  5. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 3,027
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #84

    After a clean install on my Surface Pro 4, then reinstalling all settings, thanks to an M$ account I find this iteration has a very small footprint, only 17 GB in total including all apps.
    After all the trumpet blowing by M$ with Windows Hello with its face and pin recognition, disappointingly I find this no longer works since the update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cumulative Update KB3176929 for Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.10-ani.png  
      My Computers

  6. jrih's Avatar
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
       #85

    JohnBurns said:
    Exact same thing here on 1 pc - the other did NOT have this problem and they are exactly alike. ?? Maybe someone (or Microsoft) will find a solution for this soon, I hope. Will post here if I find one.

    I did find this on MS site:
    "Description
    After installing Windows 10 build 14393.10 (Anniversary Update), Cortana is no longer available, and there is no way to switch it back. Also, Cortana won't work on Microsoft Edge either.
    Status
    Microsoft is aware of the issue and it's working to offer a fix in the next couple of days.
    Resolution
    If you've been affected by this issue, you'll need to wait until Microsoft releases a permanent fix."
    Here's another article I found on the Cortana issue ...

    http://www.infoworld.com/article/310...d-cortana.html
      My Computer

  7. jrih's Avatar
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
       #86

    RobMason said:
    Seems to be related to a a requirement where Bing search must be enabled for Cortana to work, the registry change in this discussion worked for me..

    https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...-language.html
    Oh thanks! This worked marvelously for me!!!! Cortana working for all users on 14393.10 now!
      My Computer

  8. jrih's Avatar
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
       #87

    JohnBurns said:
    Exact same thing here on 1 pc - the other did NOT have this problem and they are exactly alike. ?? Maybe someone (or Microsoft) will find a solution for this soon, I hope. Will post here if I find one.

    I did find this on MS site:
    "Description
    After installing Windows 10 build 14393.10 (Anniversary Update), Cortana is no longer available, and there is no way to switch it back. Also, Cortana won't work on Microsoft Edge either.
    Status
    Microsoft is aware of the issue and it's working to offer a fix in the next couple of days.
    Resolution
    If you've been affected by this issue, you'll need to wait until Microsoft releases a permanent fix."
    JohnBurns ... I tried the registry fix suggested in this thread and it worked for me! Cortana is now working for all users on14393.10.

    Here is the link to the thread ...

    Cortana not showing correct language
      My Computer

  9. bayustev's Avatar
    Posts : 70
    Windows10 pro x64,Version 1803
       #88

    is this update for insider only? or can i manually download this update since after changing my version windows to new one, my windows update not very well. btw im not using windows insider, retail mode only
      My Computers

  10. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,354
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #89

    bayustev said:
    is this update for insider only? or can i manually download this update since after changing my version windows to new one, my windows update not very well. btw im not using windows insider, retail mode only
    If you upgraded to last, Anniversary edition you should have it as 14393.10
      My Computers


 
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums