Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    03 May 2015 #11
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    I don't understand why Cortana isn't available in outside USA. Ok, it understands only English but most users knows English well
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 May 2015 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 83
    Win10

    Mystere said:
    "Umm.. most of those are already there in Windows 7, so I'm not really sure what your complaint is..."


    Well, not in my W7 they're not. I don't have notifications in FF telling me to get apps from the Windows store. I don't have Cortana recommending apps when I search W7 or MS suggesting apps to use because I haven't visited the store and I certainly don't have messages appearing after I visit web sites telling me that "There's an app for that"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 May 2015 #13
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenC View Post
    Mystere said:
    "Umm.. most of those are already there in Windows 7, so I'm not really sure what your complaint is..."


    Well, not in my W7 they're not. I don't have notifications in FF telling me to get apps from the Windows store. I don't have Cortana recommending apps when I search W7 or MS suggesting apps to use because I haven't visited the store and I certainly don't have messages appearing after I visit web sites telling me that "There's an app for that"
    "most" does not mean "only the parts you mentioned that you want to talk about". You quoted several things that would make you go back to windows 7. 2 of them are things that are in fact already in Windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 May 2015 #14
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    I do not have a microphone so Cortana does not help me and as for Edge, I do not mind it but I will not use it. Without Classic Hell I would not even consider Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 May 2015 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 83
    Win10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    "most" does not mean "only the parts you mentioned that you want to talk about". You quoted several things that would make you go back to windows 7. 2 of them are things that are in fact already in Windows 7.
    Two out of five does not mean most either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 May 2015 #16
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenC View Post
    Two out of five does not mean most either.
    Two out of 3. The other items are all the same thing rephrased. You're basically just complaining about the app discovery functions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 May 2015 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 83
    Win10

    If it makes you happy to think that, fine. I have better things to do than keep posting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    03 May 2015 #18
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Number 5 on the list can be turned off in Fire Fox. I'm happy with the features in Windows 10 as they are now. The changes mentioned in the article has me rethinking if I want to upgrade or not. Hopefully they'll give us the option to turn them off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 May 2015 #19
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman13 View Post
    I don't understand why Cortana isn't available in outside USA. Ok, it understands only English but most users knows English well
    "Knows English Well". . .Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 May 2015 #20
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 59
    Windows 10

    I haven't received the bugfix update to 10074 that they mention.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Networking API Improvements in Windows 10
Source: Networking API Improvements in Windows 10 | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows Store Payout Improvements
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/05/29/windows-store-payout-improvements/
Windows 10 News
Six features coming to Windows 10 not available to Insiders, yet
Read more: Six features coming to Windows 10 not available to Insiders, yet
Windows 10 News
Command Prompt gets welcome improvements in Windows 10
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Console Improvements in the Windows 10 Technical Preview
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums