Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows10
       24 Jul 2016 #21

    I decided to leave Insider Programme when 14393.0 came out as I was going to manually upgrade to RS1 on August 2nd. I checked for 14393.3 and got the "no updates found" message. Rejoined Programme and bam - it started updating.


    As an aside - UK version uses Insider Programme term (correct use in UK English :-))

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	91859
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,209
    Windows 10 IoT
       24 Jul 2016 #22

    Just a heads up. I had my Insider Ring set to Preview Builds and this update would not install. Running Check for updates just came back as up to date. Ran it multiple times. I just switched back to Fast Ring and it showed up right away. I'm just now getting the Restart prompt.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows10
       24 Jul 2016 #23

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Just a heads up. I had my Insider Ring set to Preview Builds and this update would not install. Running Check for updates just came back as up to date. Ran it multiple times. I just switched back to Fast Ring and it showed up right away. I'm just now getting the Restart prompt.
    Similar to my experience as I had to rejoin Fast Ring.

    I wonder if it works for selecting Slow Ring?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,209
    Windows 10 IoT
       24 Jul 2016 #24

    cereberus said: View Post
    Similar to my experience as I had to rejoin Fast Ring.

    I wonder if it works for selecting Slow Ring?
    I don't know? The Preview Builds was a new option I hadn't seen before so just for fun I switched to it to see what might happen. Then when I didn't get this latest update I had to rethink it. I was guessing it may be why and switching back to Fast Ring confirmed it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,209
    Windows 10 IoT
       24 Jul 2016 #25

    Having my logon switched back to "Password" every time there's an update is getting rather annoying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows10
       24 Jul 2016 #26

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I don't know? The Preview Builds was a new option I hadn't seen before so just for fun I switched to it to see what might happen. Then when I didn't get this latest update I had to rethink it. I was guessing it may be why and switching back to Fast Ring confirmed it.

    The Preview Builds option is a third ring (I call it the Lethargic Ring as so few things actually happened) . You only get it on release versions and the idea is you get some of the latest Insider version features but without changing build from 10586.

    As current version 14393 is effectively a pre-release of official version, it also has this function but nothing will happen on that Ring until RS1 is officially released.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Jul 2016 #27

    cereberus said: View Post
    The Preview Builds option is a third ring (I call it the Lethargic Ring as so few things actually happened) . You only get it on release versions and the idea is you get some of the latest Insider version features but without changing build from 10586.

    As current version 14393 is effectively a pre-release of official version, it also has this function but nothing will happen on that Ring until RS1 is officially released.
    We will not know if this is the insider version of the anniversary until the 2nd. We still have a week and a new insider build my be dropped.. today or maybe tomorrow.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10
       24 Jul 2016 #28

    I think 14393 is the final version for RS1, but you won't get Microsoft saying that as there could be still a critical bug that they will need to quickly fix and release a new build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Jul 2016 #29

    OilerNut said: View Post
    I think 14393 is the final version for RS1, but you won't get Microsoft saying that as there could be still a critical bug that they will need to quickly fix and release a new build.
    We'll know on the 2nd for certain.. other than that we're all guessing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,431
    Windows10
       24 Jul 2016 #30

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    We will not know if this is the insider version of the anniversary until the 2nd. We still have a week and a new insider build my be dropped.. today or maybe tomorrow.
    I was meaning any of the recent non watermarked versions had the new preview ring option. Of course we could still get another build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile
UPDATE: July 20th 2016 755885634082910208 755160752915218432 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Cumulative Update KB3158988 for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14342
733063738211729408 Details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3158988 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html 80520
Windows 10 News
New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342
Just received a cumulative update for 14342. 8051680517
Windows Updates and Activation
Insider Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14295): April
KB3154879 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14295): April 18, 2016 Direct download links: x64:...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums