Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 131
    Windows 10 Pro Edition Build 14393.105
       30 Apr 2015 #21

    Edwin,
    Thanks for your quick reply..I'm typing this reply using windows 8.1, I changed back to this o.s. as my default because windows technical preview build 10061 was still somewhat buggy for me. But now with the release of build 10074, I'll install it and give it a 'test drive', who knows..I might actually like it.
    David
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,346
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       30 Apr 2015 #22

    Davy49 said: View Post
    Edwin,
    Thanks for your quick reply..I'm typing this reply using windows 8.1, I changed back to this o.s. as my default because windows technical preview build 10061 was still somewhat buggy for me. But now with the release of build 10074, I'll install it and give it a 'test drive', who knows..I might actually like it.
    David
    I upgraded a copy of my W8.1 install to Build 10074 yesterday and its running very smoothly. All the programs I had installed in W8.1 work just fine in W10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       30 Apr 2015 #23

    I just read on the Insiders forum that there is a known issue with Spartan crashing so thankfully it is not only me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 111
    windows 8.1
       30 Apr 2015 #24

    LittleJay said: View Post
    I upgraded a copy of my W8.1 install to Build 10074 yesterday and its running very smoothly. All the programs I had installed in W8.1 work just fine in W10.
    Good for you, the upgrade worked. I have a question what media did you create (dvd or usb drive) to install build on your PC ? what software did you use to create the media ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 44
    Windows
       30 Apr 2015 #25

    Davy49 said: View Post
    Edwin,
    Thanks for your quick reply..I'm typing this reply using windows 8.1, I changed back to this o.s. as my default because windows technical preview build 10061 was still somewhat buggy for me. But now with the release of build 10074, I'll install it and give it a 'test drive', who knows..I might actually like it.
    David
    I always keep my Windows 8.1 as my current default. When Windows 10 is ready to go then I will change it to that version. I'M on 8.1. It only makes sense.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,346
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       30 Apr 2015 #26

    ramram55 said: View Post
    Good for you, the upgrade worked. I have a question what media did you create (dvd or usb drive) to install build on your PC ? what software did you use to create the media ?
    I downloaded the esd file for Build 10074 and used Kari's tutorial to convert it to an iso file.
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File
    I then ran the upgrade directly from the iso file.

    Please beware that I first restored an image of my W8.1 Pro installation to another disk and then ran the upgrade over that copy.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 7
    W10
       30 Apr 2015 #27

    "
    • You can now launch Win32 (desktop) apps from the Start menu again. Sorry about this bug!"

    WOW!
    But now I can't pin anything to start menu and all my shortcuts are WIPED!
    Thank you M$ :|
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Posts : 841
    14955 Pro
       30 Apr 2015 #28

    I'm happy I got my icons back from 49...they were still blank untill about the third reboot after install finished. Still a problem running in full screen...most apps have to be run in a window frame, but xbox is signing in again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Ver.1607 (14393.576)
       30 Apr 2015 #29

    Running a 32bit dual boot (W10/W7 pro) on an old HP desktop and the apps still show "empty" with "Classic Shell 4.2.1 installed but I figure that a problem with the "Classic" and not W10. It started after 10041. The apps are still all there if I use the "Windows" button so no big deal so I'm not going to worry about it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       30 Apr 2015 #30

    JimWiz1 said: View Post
    (ref upgrade today's iso over yesterday's) No Dude, only thing I found, after stressing it as much as I could, the 1 day newer, bigger one, doesn't keep asking me to verify who I am. People still doesn't work, just like Gabe said, update kept trying to download an older version of my NVIDIA video driver even though I have the newest one...it finally gave up after 2 hours. First time opening every app and program was painfully slow, then they worked after that. Not seeing what they did to make it bigger.
    JimWiz1
    It was probably just the difference between compressing (the ESD) and decompressing (decrypt tool)

    the difference is only 147,230,720 bytes (~147 MB)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build Coming Soon
615386255203921921
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
10074 Windows Insider Preview
Hi Just my opinion on 10074 test preview, but most of the modern apps are so buggy you can do very little with them. For example I had to open Firefox to make this post as spartan just kept refreshing every time I tried to make this post. ...
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums