Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available Insider

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 8,298
    Windows 10 Professional
       09 May 2015 #121

    Anybody discover anything 'new' in 10074, (or 10102 for that matter), ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,892
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 May 2015 #122

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I need it for my switchable graphics to work.
    You could check out in AMD Support & Game Forums under desktop search windows 10 here and type windows 10 in search box.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    09 May 2015 #123

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You could check out in AMD Support & Game Forums under desktop search windows 10 here and type windows 10 in search box.
    Thanks for the link, I'll have a look see latter on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,892
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 May 2015 #124

    Your welcome α #
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       09 May 2015 #125

    gregrocker said: View Post
    I solve many problems by uninstalling CCC which is not needed unless there are special settings used that are only in that specific software. The OS should have superior features for most settings. So I would only install the driver and not the bloatware.
    That's the first thing I did, but Win10 doesn't let you hide Windows Updates during the Technical Preview so it was re-installed. I Installed the back level version and the next higher version, but Win10 said nope, you must use this one (I'm not sure if SFC, DISM, or WU put it back - I've done a lot of these). For the time being, we're stuck with CCC, unless you have a method.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,892
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 May 2015 #126

    Slartybart said: View Post
    That's the first thing I did, but Win10 doesn't let you hide Windows Updates during the Technical Preview so it was re-installed. I Installed the back level version and the next higher version, but Win10 said nope, you must use this one (I'm not sure if SFC, DISM, or WU put it back - I've done a lot of these). For the time being, we're stuck with CCC, unless you have a method.
    Open task manager startup and disable also kill task and turn off services and then see if you get any errors. Of course make a system image first in case you get a black screen w/prompt at the next boot.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       09 May 2015 #127

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Open task manager startup and disable also kill task and turn off services and then see if you get any errors. Of course make a system image first in case you get a black screen w/prompt at the next boot.
    Thanks Cliff,

    I'm not currently having any issues with the APU driver, a few cosmetic issues remain, but it works well enough to use . I ignore the scaling (off window screen parts, title bar hidden behind the taskbar positioned at top....)and jitter issues as well as the lousy resolution on some apps (Solitaire is affected the most - very fuzzy). Some of these might not be due to the driver because CCC tells me the correct information for my ext monitor and Windows Settings tells me something very odd (refresh @ 64 Hz - what!) how do I know CCC is reporting correct info? It reads the Extended Display Identification Data (EDID).

    I only posted a response to Greg because you can't stop WU from putting the whole package back on your machine ... at least I couldn't.

    I'll live with it through the Preview, but this on a live machine won't cut the mustard.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,892
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 May 2015 #128

    Slartybart said: View Post
    I'll live with it through the Preview, but this on a live machine won't cut the mustard.
    Nope this will not do. I am absolutely against updating drivers unless it has a tweak I need. That I don't have a gaming PC and don't use CAD or 3D, I don't need any driver updates at all actually, both my systems run fine. Updatin can break more this(as we have seen) then fix.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       09 May 2015 #129

    Edwin said: View Post
    Anybody discover anything 'new' in 10074, (or 10102 for that matter), ?
    You mean, apart from the things listed when it was released?

    On my b10074 VM, I can't seem to change the GUI colours to the way I would like them to be.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 8,298
    Windows 10 Professional
       09 May 2015 #130

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    You mean, apart from the things listed when it was released?

    On my b10074 VM, I can't seem to change the GUI colours to the way I would like them to be.
    What problem arises?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
615386255203921921
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
10074 Windows Insider Preview in Windows Insider
Hi Just my opinion on 10074 test preview, but most of the modern apps are so buggy you can do very little with them. For example I had to open Firefox to make this post as spartan just kept refreshing every time I tried to make this post. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:38.
Find Us