Windows 10: Windows Insiders to be upgraded to Windows 10 RTM regardless of licens

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    29 Apr 2015 #11

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'd be surprised if they did that. Unless they close the Windows Insiders program to new members your basically giving Windows 10 to anybody that wants it. And the Pro version at that. I believe that's what the Insider program gives you. If all you have to do is sign up to the Insiders program to get Windows 10 free, why wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great if they did this, I just skeptical as to it actually happening.
    I thought that MS was just about giving WIn10 away to almost everyone.. even pirated versions of previous OS's.. Win7/Win8.1?? And yes, in the past this was unheard of but,.. heck they do want to get just about everyone over to the new OS so it might happen.. I sure hope so. The final update would be simple.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 7,882
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       29 Apr 2015 #12

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'd be surprised if they did that. Unless they close the Windows Insiders program to new members your basically giving Windows 10 to anybody that wants it. And the Pro version at that. I believe that's what the Insider program gives you. If all you have to do is sign up to the Insiders program to get Windows 10 free, why wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great if they did this, I just skeptical as to it actually happening.
    Agreed M$ is not known for giving stuff away.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Apr 2015 #13

    labeeman said: View Post
    Agreed M$ is not known for giving stuff away.
    But the upgrade from WIn7/WIn8.1 is free.. so who knows what they might do with the insider program since this is a first for them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 7,882
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       29 Apr 2015 #14

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    But the upgrade from WIn7/WIn8.1 is free.. so who knows what they might do with the insider program since this is a first for them.
    Agreed there to, as M$ is under new management.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Apr 2015 #15

    we might learn more later today with keynote at build hope so
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Apr 2015 #16

    Dave44 said: View Post
    we might learn more later today with keynote at build hope so
    I hope so.. if not today then sometime this week would be nice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Apr 2015 #17

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I thought that MS was just about giving WIn10 away to almost everyone.. even pirated versions of previous OS's.. Win7/Win8.1?? And yes, in the past this was unheard of but,.. heck they do want to get just about everyone over to the new OS so it might happen.. I sure hope so. The final update would be simple.
    As far as I know, before this rumor it was free to anyone with a legally activated Windows 7 or Windows 8.x install. Pirated versions could still upgrade to 10 but those installs wouldn't be activated. You'd still have to obtain a valid product code to activate with. If they do this, yes it would be free to everyone. That's why I'm skeptical. It would be epic if they did that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Apr 2015 #18

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    As far as I know, before this rumor it was free to anyone with a legally activated Windows 7 or Windows 8.x install. Pirated versions could still upgrade to 10 but those installs wouldn't be activated. You'd still have to obtain a valid product code to activate with. If they do this, yes it would be free to everyone. That's why I'm skeptical. It would be epic if they did that.
    Thanks for the clarification..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Apr 2015 #19

    Free or even if it's a discount price, I'll be upgrading all my computers to Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,338
    Win 10 Pro x64
       29 Apr 2015 #20

    As mentioned on one article I read somewhere, it is not a free upgrade but rather a marketing and promotional activity. But we don't really have much choice do we?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro in General Support
No problems only question is do I have to drop out of the Insiders Program? I made a 500MB un-allocated space before Win 7 , didn't know if I had to but since it was there in 10 I did.
Activation doesn't work when upgraded from windows 7 sp1 retail--Windows 10 home preview build 10162 I reported the issue to Microsoft but that could create a problem when rtm is released for those that quit the program on the release date. It...
Ever since I upgraded, my Nvidia card says it has an update, so I"ll download, install it, and then it tells me to restart, so I do, and when I log in, the update never happened, I still can't change my resolution and when I check device manager, it...
Source: A quick update on Windows 10 builds for phones for Windows Insiders Windows Insider app download: Your request appears to be from an automated process
i upgraded 2 computers to windows 10 and java doesnt work on both
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55.
Find Us