Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile  

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,711
    Windows 10 IoT
       #460

    @cereberus have a look see here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3095675

    Looks like the cutoff date is actually the 20th? Sort of kind of?
    Changing your scheduled upgrade

    BeforeJuly 20, 2016 if you have a scheduled upgrade and you would like to change when it occurs, or if you would like to cancel your scheduled upgrade, follow

    Starting July 20, 2016, you will no longer be able to schedule or reschedule the Windows upgrade. (You will still be able to cancel or upgrade now.) If your upgrade was already scheduled, when you open the Get Windows 10 app, you will see the scheduled time and options to Cancel scheduled upgrade or Upgrade now.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #461

    cereberus said:
    Just seen a reply from somebody who asked if reserving Windows 10 and when told he has to upgrade by tomorrow, he said:

    But it says:

    1) Reserve your copy of Windows 10 now. It will download once available.
    2) install when you receive a notification after 29 July.
    So what I'm understanding from this is that: as long I reserve my free upgrade before the 29th of July, then I am applicable of installing it after the deadline provided that I will eventually receive a notification.

    I think he is one year out!
    I was just going to say, "That's so last year!" :)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14,619
    Windows10
       #462

    alphanumeric said:
    @cereberus have a look see here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3095675

    Looks like the cutoff date is actually the 20th? Sort of kind of?
    Changing your scheduled upgrade

    BeforeJuly 20, 2016 if you have a scheduled upgrade and you would like to change when it occurs, or if you would like to cancel your scheduled upgrade, follow

    Starting July 20, 2016, you will no longer be able to schedule or reschedule the Windows upgrade. (You will still be able to cancel or upgrade now.) If your upgrade was already scheduled, when you open the Get Windows 10 app, you will see the scheduled time and options to Cancel scheduled upgrade or Upgrade now.
    Yeah - that makes more sense. User must have interpreted his screen wrong.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 889
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #463

    For the many of the before Win 10 upgrader, its bit late right now! Sorry!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 17,660
    Windows 10 Pro
       #464

    This screenshot from W8.1 PRO just now. Only Decline and Upgrade options there:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile-image.png

    BTW, interestingly this countdown goes down to my midnight, not 10 AM UTC / 12 noon Saturday my time as the official countdown shows: Windows - Microsoft
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #465

    I had an interesting conversation with MS AnswerDesk yesterday while checking the version of another key I had. I asked about transfer rights of a Retail W8, upgraded to W10. The rep told me that, when I retire the system it's on later this year and remove W10 from it, and install to a new system, I should install W10 directly to the new system and use my W8 key to activate it. And it will activate - I asked him 3x, and he confirmed 3x. Anyone?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 17,660
    Windows 10 Pro
       #466

    simrick said:
    I had an interesting conversation with MS AnswerDesk yesterday while checking the version of another key I had. I asked about transfer rights of a Retail W8, upgraded to W10. The rep told me that, when I retire the system it's on later this year and remove W10 from it, and install to a new system, I should install W10 directly to the new system and use my W8 key to activate it. And it will activate - I asked him 3x, and he confirmed 3x. Anyone?
    I believe that really is true, especially a combination of Retail key and activation linked to an MS account:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile-image.png

    Retail keys are transferable, I am quite sure you will have no issues.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #467

    Kari said:
    I believe that really is true, especially a combination of Retail key and activation linked to an MS account:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile-image.png

    Retail keys are transferable, I am quite sure you will have no issues.
    I hope you're right! (Although I do not have all my activations linked to my MSA.)
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #468

    simrick said:
    I had an interesting conversation with MS AnswerDesk yesterday while checking the version of another key I had. I asked about transfer rights of a Retail W8, upgraded to W10. The rep told me that, when I retire the system it's on later this year and remove W10 from it, and install to a new system, I should install W10 directly to the new system and use my W8 key to activate it. And it will activate - I asked him 3x, and he confirmed 3x. Anyone?
    Wow, that's kind of what I thought . . . If Microsoft can remember the system you put Windows 10 on, it can surely remember the key you used to put it there!

    I did think you'd probably have to call Microsoft though, which is better than I thought.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #469

    simrick said:
    I hope you're right! (Although I do not have all my activations linked to my MSA.)
    My 2 cents: As long as you use a legitimate retail key to upgrade to Windows 10, it should be linked to that key. That's the way it's always been for me in the past. Microsoft knew which key I used to upgrade to the new OS. IOW, when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, Microsoft had a record of that key. So . . . why shouldn't they have the same records now?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums