Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile  

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #400

    magilla said:
    I got really excited when I checked for updates and was told updates are available....Windows Defender.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #401

    OilerNut said:
    10.0.14393.31.rs1_release_sec.160725-1926 | BuildFeed

    .31 looks like a security update, so perhaps it's for the next patch Tuesday on August 9?
    I very seriously doubt that Microsoft will issue anything with a lesser Build Number than we what we already have. If that means I will wake up August 9 with egg all over my face, so be it. Either Gracie or StarFerret will lick it off for me.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14,618
    Windows10
       #402

    CountMike said:
    One guy explained it like this:

    The "." is not a decimal, it is a separator. You can have: 4.0.2.3.1c in a version number (even though it has a letter). That is how it works. Each companies have their own system.

    But still my math teacher would cringe at it !!!
    Hang on, you started it "Strange numbers, not conforming to math. 0.5 is higher than 0.31" - LOL!

    Of course libraries have been using similar since 1876 in the Decimal Dewey system.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 19,460
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #403

    Wynona said:
    I very seriously doubt that Microsoft will issue anything with a lesser Build Number than we what we already have. If that means I will wake up August 9 with egg all over my face, so be it. Either Gracie or StarFerret will lick it off for me.
    I heard that egg is good for your tan !! You win anyway.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 504
    Win10 20236.1000 64bit Pro and Win7 SP1 Ultimate
       #404

    Wynona, I would guess that Microsoft in not using percentages in their naming string but incremental numbers. For example .3 is less then .4 - .5 is greater then .4 - .15 is greater then .5 and .31 is greater then .15.

    Just my old way of thinking.

    WK
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 10,311
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 release preview channel
       #405

    WEKJR said:
    Wynona, I would guess that Microsoft in not using percentages in their naming string but incremental numbers. For example .3 is less then .4 - .5 is greater then .4 - .15 is greater then .5 and .31 is greater then .15.

    Just my old way of thinking.

    WK
    That's the way I figured it.
    If it was .3.1 that is less than .5 but .31 is greater than .5

    Ok I know that isn't mathematically correct but it's the way a lot of software companies do it. As was posted earlier don't think of the . as point. It's dot 5 and dot 31
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #406

    WEKJR said:
    Wynona, I would guess that Microsoft in not using percentages in their naming string but incremental numbers. For example .3 is less then .4 - .5 is greater then .4 - .15 is greater then .5 and .31 is greater then .15.

    Just my old way of thinking.

    WK
    So, you agree with me that .5 is greater than .31? Or do you agree with me that .31 is lesser than .5? <ducking and running>

    Seriously, all we need to do is to look at Microsoft's naming convention and everything should be perfectly understood.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,460
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #407

    It all depends on what that dot is, point or divider.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #408

    DooGie said:
    That's the way I figured it.
    If it was .3.1 that is less than .5 but .31 is greater than .5
    Nononononono!

    .5 is .50! Can you subtract .50 from .31? I don't think so. Can you subtract .31 from .5? Yes, you can, by adding the trailing 0. (You get the same answer, no matter if you add one or a thousand zeros to either number.)

    Besides, check out Microsoft's "naming/numbering" conventions and you get what I come up with;

    10393.50
    - 10393.31
    ________________
    .19

    Thus, Build 10393.31 (if it has ever been released) was released before Build 10393.50; therefore, is ineligible to be released again.


    Yep! We're all bored to death of this waiting!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 19,460
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #409

    Wynona said:
    Nononononono!

    .5 is .50! Can you subtract .50 from .31? I don't think so. Can you subtract .31 from .5? Yes, you can, by adding the trailing 0. (You get the same answer, no matter if you add one or a thousand zeros to either number.)

    Besides, check out Microsoft's "naming/numbering" conventions and you get what I come up with;

    10393.50
    - 10393.31
    ________________
    .19

    Thus, Build 10393.31 (if it has ever been released) was released before Build 10393.50; therefore, is ineligible to be released again.


    Yep! We're all bored to death of this waiting!
    If it's algebra than you can subtract .50 from .31, its -19.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums