Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Apr 2015 #211

    Wynona said: View Post
    I unplugged the DVI cable from the old monitor and used it to plug this [older] monitor in with and it works fine, so I know that's not the problem. Right?
    Yes, its not the cable. Not unless it has an intermittent fault in it like a broken wire. If you can move the cable around and it doesn't lose signal its likely a monitor issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       30 Apr 2015 #212

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Yes, its not the cable. Not unless it has an intermittent fault in it like a broken wire. If you can move the cable around and it doesn't lose signal its likely a monitor issue.
    Hokey Dokey . . . Just crawled out from underneath the desk and I'm using my nice 23/24" (forgot which size) monitor with the VGA cable. So, something went awry with the DVI connector in the monitor, I guess.

    I think I'll take it to the computer guy tomorrow and let him see if he can fix the issue. Tonight, though, I'm going to enjoy my nice widescreen monitor!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,351
    Win 10 Pro x64
       30 Apr 2015 #213

    Wynona said: View Post
    Hokey Dokey . . . Just crawled out from underneath the desk and I'm using my nice 23/24" (forgot which size) monitor with the VGA cable. So, something went awry with the DVI connector in the monitor, I guess.

    I think I'll take it to the computer guy tomorrow and let him see if he can fix the issue. Tonight, though, I'm going to enjoy my nice widescreen monitor!
    Maybe you just need to re-plug the cable to the monitor and make sure it's snug.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       30 Apr 2015 #214

    badrobot said: View Post
    Maybe you just need to re-plug the cable to the monitor and make sure it's snug.
    Arrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, you would tell me that after I've just gotten all the spidey webs offen me haid!

    Edit: I guess it's worth a shot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,351
    Win 10 Pro x64
       30 Apr 2015 #215

    Wynona said: View Post
    Arrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, you would tell me that after I've just gotten all the spidey webs offen me haid!

    Edit: I guess it's worth a shot.
    We are all just guessing here..
    And before you crawl again under the desk, grab the vacuum cleaner...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       30 Apr 2015 #216

    badrobot said: View Post
    We are all just guessing here..
    And before you crawl again under the desk, grab the vacuum cleaner...
    Now why would I do that to the poor little spideys? Specially when I done mopped all their webs up wif me hair!?!?

    Seriously, no soap with reinstalling the DVI cable. Works with this SyncMaster monitor, but not the Acer monitor. So I left it disconnected and will live with this old, old one until the Acer's fixed or I can afford a new one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,351
    Win 10 Pro x64
       30 Apr 2015 #217

    Wynona said: View Post
    Now why would I do that to the poor little spideys? Specially when I done mopped all their webs up wif me hair!?!?

    Seriously, no soap with reinstalling the DVI cable. Works with this SyncMaster monitor, but not the Acer monitor. So I left it disconnected and will live with this old, old one until the Acer's fixed or I can afford a new one.

    Oh, and don't forget to power on the monitor.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       30 Apr 2015 #218

    Could be a glitch. I'm losing my second and third monitor with every friggin restart!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       30 Apr 2015 #219

    I would just like one evening where everything is running properly! Just one! Is that too much to ask!?
    Apparently!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,404
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       30 Apr 2015 #220

    badrobot said: View Post
    Oh, and don't forget to power on the monitor.
    You is being a baaaaad robot again, Robot! That's one thing I for surely did.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hey guys i have the past 2 weeks tryed these 3 builds with nvidia windows 10 beta driver 352.63, 352.84 and windows 8.1 352.86 and SLI turned ON. And in all situations i get random stutter/fps lag or lag spikes. I have managed to reduce the amount...
So far.. 1. Running it as my primary and I did an update over Win8.1. That process went just fine. 2 The start menu is working fine and looks good. Much more stable than previous builds. 3 Spartan is ok.. still not working perfect for posting to...
hi guys, seen the video of Build 10114 (if i am correct). so when will this come out. Since Build 10074 blocked my internal network, i had to go back to Build 10061. Numbers.....numbers
Windows 10 review (build 10074) Windows 10 review (build 10074): Microsofts new OS is maturing nicely | PC Pro
Read more: Windows 10 build 10074: Everything you need to know | Windows Central
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:08.
Find Us