Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       26 Apr 2015 #261

    Wynona said: View Post
    How old is your laptop, Simrick? Also, I'm thinking it's a little light on the RAM side, but this is probably not the problem.

    Have you run Windows 8/81 on this machine? If so, then you shouldn't have trouble running Windows 10.

    This in information the people who can help you will need to know.

    Last, you may want to consider a clean install of Build 10061;

    A clean install of Windows 10 Build 10061 will cure most of your ills. I have a clean install and don't have near the problems I had with the update.
    Hi Wynona,
    No, I have not run W8/8.1 on here. It came with Vista. It's probably 7-8 years old, but I have a desktop that's older, came with XP, and I upgraded it to 8 without issue, just upgrading the video card. So, I really didn't think I would have any problems with this laptop.

    I watched the video on ESD to ISO, and am doing that now. If successful, I will do a clean install and report back.
    Thanks very much
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Okotoks
    Posts : 8,347
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Windows 10 Pro
       26 Apr 2015 #262

    Good luck. Don't forget the Turon was a budget processor, so performance was limited from the get go. Your desktop is another matter.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       26 Apr 2015 #263

    rvbfan said: View Post
    Good luck. Don't forget the Turon was a budget processor, so performance was limited from the get go. Your desktop is another matter.
    Yes, not happy to hear that...but it's all I've got, and I can't be buying a new one. So, if it doesn't work, I guess I'm back to Vista...UGH!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 600
    Windows 10 Pro
       26 Apr 2015 #264

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi Wynona,
    No, I have not run W8/8.1 on here. It came with Vista. It's probably 7-8 years old, but I have a desktop that's older, came with XP, and I upgraded it to 8 without issue, just upgrading the video card. So, I really didn't think I would have any problems with this laptop.

    I watched the video on ESD to ISO, and am doing that now. If successful, I will do a clean install and report back.
    Thanks very much
    good luck a clean install fixes the bugs on this build
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    26 Apr 2015 #265

    I'll probably have problems like that if I try to install 10 on my desktop, it runs 7 at the moment but came with Vista and only has 2GB of RAM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,310
    win 10 Insider
       26 Apr 2015 #266

    @simrick - I've got a test setup on a similar Laptop. It is running 10061 now. Must admit this is a bit marginal but it does run.

    Biggest problem is with the Synaptics touchpad driver. The old 2006 one works but win 10 keeps installing a new 2015 one and it immediately crashes with the watchdog error if you touch the pad!

    It often hangs on cold startup as well. Those little circled dots just stop circling! A restart always gets it going, though.

    But, like I said, this is just an experiment and I don't intend buying a licence for it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,803
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       26 Apr 2015 #267

    linw said: View Post
    @simrick - I've got a test setup on a similar Laptop. It is running 10061 now. Must admit this is a bit marginal but it does run.

    Biggest problem is with the Synaptics touchpad driver. The old 2006 one works but win 10 keeps installing a new 2015 one and it immediately crashes with the watchdog error if you touch the pad!

    It often hangs on cold startup as well. Those little circled dots just stop circling! A restart always gets it going, though.

    But, like I said, this is just an experiment and I don't intend buying a licence for it.
    Lin, because I hate touchpads, I disable those and use a wireless mouse.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       26 Apr 2015 #268

    I do not use touch pads either when I had my work laptop. I just had a small led mouse .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Okotoks
    Posts : 8,347
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Windows 10 Pro
       26 Apr 2015 #269

    linw said: View Post
    @simrick - I've got a test setup on a similar Laptop. It is running 10061 now. Must admit this is a bit marginal but it does run.

    Biggest problem is with the Synaptics touchpad driver. The old 2006 one works but win 10 keeps installing a new 2015 one and it immediately crashes with the watchdog error if you touch the pad!

    It often hangs on cold startup as well. Those little circled dots just stop circling! A restart always gets it going, though.

    But, like I said, this is just an experiment and I don't intend buying a licence for it.
    I have to hook up a mouse and delete the touch pad in device manager. Reboot and its good for a few reboots. Goes away, Repeat.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       26 Apr 2015 #270

    Dave44 said: View Post
    good luck a clean install fixes the bugs on this build
    Okay, so I finally got a clean install of v10061 on here. The first this I did was try to install a TCP/IP printer. Immediate BSOD system-thread-exception-not handled "athwb.sys" This is the Atheros AR 5007EG wireless card driver. BSOD loop into advanced settings where I did a REFRESH. Now I am online with IE. Search/Cortana is not working; the Start button does absolutely nothing. OneDrive syncs ok. System Restore was turned off. I did a search for athwb.sys and it is nowhere to be found on here - instead there is now athw8-something-or-another. Maybe the refresh fixed that? At any rate, I will try to install the printer again, but wanted to post this first, in case I have to go through all this again, as it won't happen tonight! LOL
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052 now available for phones See also: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq-right-for-me-phone?ocid=tp2_site_faq_down ...
Windows 10 News
New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones
Source: New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available
Source: Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available Windows 10 build 10041 ISO files available for download. https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-technical-preview.html
Windows 10 News
Windows technical preview build numbers & everything else
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums