Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14379 for PC and Mobile Insider

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 84,049
    Windows10 Pro 64Bit
       #200

    f14tomcat said:
    I've tried Edge with PDFs... slow as molasses running uphill in January! Awful!

    FWIW, I was using FF....
    When I just clicked on your link, all it did was just download the pdf file, didn't try to open my reader at all. Took about 30 sec's to d/l. :)
      My Computers

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,375
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #201

    OldMike65 said:
    When I just clicked on your link, all it did was just download the pdf file, didn't try to open my reader at all. Took about 30 sec's to d/l. :)
    Which browser?
      My Computers

  3. Night Hawk's Avatar
    Posts : 3,365
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       #202

    Here I keep several browsers onboard in the event I run into anything not readily solvable which has happened with certain select releases of some most commonly used browsers. I keep a couple of secondaries installed for that as well as for other things.

    With the file downloaded you can then turn around and use just about any PDF file reader Sumatra being an open source there. Foxit Reader, PDF-XChange Editor are a few of the better rated non Adobe type readers found. Best Free Non-Adobe PDF Reader | Gizmo's Freeware

    Lately however the problems being seen Adobe are in regards to Youtube and Flash Player not any with reading files. That has effected more then one browser. Sumatra and Foxit however in particular are generally the two best rated freebie readers to check out.
      My Computer

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 84,049
    Windows10 Pro 64Bit
       #203

    f14tomcat said:
    Which browser?
    I was using IE11 when I d/l the file, TC :)
      My Computers

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,375
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #204

    OldMike65 said:
    I was using IE11 when I d/l the file, TC :)
    Thought so. I tried it with IE and got the green arrow download progress bar....then it opened offline with Foxit. Guess that's normal. FF had a Foxit plugin which opened it on the site.
      My Computers

  6. Night Hawk's Avatar
    Posts : 3,365
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       #205

    I still use IE here at times while that is kept to a minimum. Edge as expected is seeing some of the progress I have previously stated would take time a year when people were first giving it a look. Still needs more work however.

    Here I have Shockwave Flash and Silverlight as the only two plugins on Waterfox and the PDF files open with ease. The free readers are for use once you have already downloaded any stubborn to open with browser files.
      My Computer

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,863
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
       #206

    OldMike65 said:
    When I just clicked on your link, all it did was just download the pdf file, didn't try to open my reader at all. Took about 30 sec's to d/l. :)
    Same here, Mike. I'm using Edge, and it doesn't want to turn loose of anything PDF. I even had to tell it to open with PDF-Xchange after I'd saved it to my computer.
      My Computer


  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,375
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #207

    Here's what happens when I go to the link I posted using Edge...it eventually loaded it with no visible way to save it, and Reliability History recorded about 25 errors while it was trying to open it on the site. Wow! I'm on Insider 14379 so I know I have the latest Edge....

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14379 for PC and Mobile-2016-07-06_21h25_23.png
      My Computers

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 25,863
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
       #208

    f14tomcat said:
    Here's what happens when I go to the link I posted using Edge...it eventually loaded it with no visible way to save it, and Reliability History recorded about 25 errors while it was trying to open it on the site. Wow! I'm on Insider 14379 so I know I have the latest Edge....

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14379 for PC and Mobile-2016-07-06_21h25_23.png
    Strange, TC. When it finally opened in Edge, I just did a Ctrl+S and saved it to my Manuals folder (on my external hard drive). Once there, I clicked on it to open and was asked how I wanted to open this file! PDF-Xchange was highlighted, but there were several other choices (that probably wouldn't have opened it), including Edge.

    Once I had opened it in PDF-Xchange, I closed it and opened it again. The second time, it opened in PDF-X like it was supposed to.
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,375
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #209

    Wynona said:
    Strange, TC. When it finally opened in Edge, I just did a Ctrl+S and saved it to my Manuals folder (on my external hard drive). Once there, I clicked on it to open and was asked how I wanted to open this file! PDF-Xchange was highlighted, but there were several other choices (that probably wouldn't have opened it), including Edge.

    Once I had opened it in PDF-Xchange, I closed it and opened it again. The second time, it opened in PDF-X like it was supposed to.
    Didn't try the ctrl+s, was all wrapped up in the Edge error rampage. I'll try that. Thanks.
      My Computers


 
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums