Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1.    05 Jul 2016 #41
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,191
    W10 Insider + Linux

    There could be some upgrade problems with OEM computers and their drivers. Those are most often complained about. Home built computers with off the shelf parts are easiest to upgrade.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    05 Jul 2016 #42
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,250
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwar View Post
    That is not only "one" missing file, it is the whole Win32 question.
    As I said before, Software without Documentation is USELESS. And MS knows that better than anybody else.

    EDIT: It is something similar to Hardware without Drivers, electronic waste.
    Documentation can almost always be obtained from the manufacturers web site. Or a Google search etc. IMHO, the software is hardly useless just because help doesn't work. From my experience, it's iffy finding your answer even when it does work? Anyway, I don't see the point of beating a dead horse so I'll bow out of this side conversation and let the thread go back on track..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Jul 2016 #43
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,191
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Documentation can almost always be obtained from the manufacturers web site. Or a Google search etc. IMHO, the software is hardly useless just because help doesn't work. From my experience, it's iffy finding your answer even when it does work? Anyway, I don't see the point of beating a dead horse so I'll bow out of this side conversation and let the thread go back on track..
    Manuals and help are mostly in .PDF format nowadays or just send you to internet site. I haven't used any in WinHelp32 format for years.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    05 Jul 2016 #44
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,250
    Windows 10 IoT

    Would I upgrade if it wasn't free? I'm in a bit of unique situation. I have a free MSDN subscription so I would get it free anyway. If I didn't have that I would have likely paid to upgrade at least one of my PC's. Maybe even both my laptop and desktop. If I found a good reputable deal on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Jul 2016 #45
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 537
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Documentation can almost always be obtained from the manufacturers web site. Or a Google search etc. IMHO, the software is hardly useless just because help doesn't work. From my experience, it's iffy finding your answer even when it does work? Anyway, I don't see the point of beating a dead horse so I'll bow out of this side conversation and let the thread go back on track..
    You have no ideia of what you are talking about.
    A PDF is not the same and is in no way substitute for Help File.
    There is no other Documentation than the one , very good, provided via Help32. That is all one needs nothing else, and W10 does not support WinHelp32 anylonger, so the just killed the SOftware this way.
    You are making false hoppes to people to find anything by means of Google or the Web Sites. Most of the cases you will find NOTHING.
    Games, for example Filght Simulators, that relly on Help are just unusable, then you need the information about Airports and Radios and so on that are on Help Files to Fly properly. Without those information you can Take off and nothing else, you will be lost in few minutes.

    Please tell us what is your relationship to MS, if you are employee or receive money from them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Jul 2016 #46
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,191
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwar View Post
    Please tell us what is your relationship to MS, if you are employee or receive money from them.
    Now that was plainly STUPID comment !!!!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    05 Jul 2016 #47
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 537
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Now that was plainly STUPID comment !!!!!!
    Human beeing on lak of arguments tend to be agressiv.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    05 Jul 2016 #48
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,191
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwar View Post
    Human beeing on lak of arguments tend to be agressiv.
    That's exactly what you did. When nobody agreed with your thinking and obviously they know more than you, you resorted to insults. Anybody could say that you are payed by Apple to spread inexact comments for instance, how would you feel ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    05 Jul 2016 #49
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,250
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwar View Post
    You have no ideia of what you are talking about.
    A PDF is not the same and is in no way substitute for Help File.
    There is no other Documentation than the one , very good, provided via Help32. That is all one needs nothing else, and W10 does not support WinHelp32 anylonger, so the just killed the SOftware this way.
    You are making false hoppes to people to find anything by means of Google or the Web Sites. Most of the cases you will find NOTHING.
    Games, for example Filght Simulators, that relly on Help are just unusable, then you need the information about Airports and Radios and so on that are on Help Files to Fly properly. Without those information you can Take off and nothing else, you will be lost in few minutes.

    Please tell us what is your relationship to MS, if you are employee or receive money from them.
    I do not work for Microsoft. I do not receive any money from them. I am a Microsoft MVP which is an award given to an individual recognized by Microsoft for exceptional technical expertise and a talent for sharing knowledge ...
    If you look at my posts you will see that I tell it like it is. If they do something I don't like, I say so. And I praise what I do like about Windows 10. I'm not biased just because I'm an MVP. I've often thought I might lose my MVP over things I've criticized. And not just here. I've been very vocal on their private Yammer group.

    I don't know everything, but in this case I do know that you are exaggerating things way out of proportion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Jul 2016 #50
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 537
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I do not work for Microsoft. I do not receive any money from them. I am a Microsoft MVP which is an award given to an individual recognized by Microsoft for exceptional technical expertise and a talent for sharing knowledge ...
    If you look at my posts you will see that I tell it like it is. If they do something I don't like, I say so. And I praise what I do like about Windows 10. I'm not biased just because I'm an MVP. I've often thought I might lose my MVP over things I've criticized. And not just here. I've been very vocal on their private Yammer group.

    I don't know everything, but in this case I do know that you are exaggerating things way out of proportion.
    alphanumeric, there is no exaggeration.
    WinHelp32 is a crucial thing for Win32 Software. You can not break it appart, you are breaking all the Software together as a whole.
    But WinHelp32 is not the only problem, is only the top of the Iceberg.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
active programs on taskbar - how do you make them 'active' again
When I have any programs open that have gone to the taskbar because another program opened... How do I get any of those programs to activate again from taskbar? This has driven me nuts since I got Win 10. I click on the program icon on taskbar,...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices
Source: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Guest Account - Active but Can't Switch to or See in Users and Signon
I am running Windows 10 Home. I the cmd window I run "net user guest /active:yes" and the command completes successfully. I run "net user" and it shows 4 accounts---my account, administrator, guest and default account. User folder has Guest...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums