Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2


  1. Posts : 310
    Release + Insider Preview Home Build 16179 (VMWare)
       02 Aug 2016 #981

    This is so weird. I used WU to get the Anniversary Update and WU downloaded the Pro edition of the build. I am running Windows 10 Home! Should I still go ahead and burn this iso to USB?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       02 Aug 2016 #982

    Leechap said: View Post
    Still not here in Los Angeles anyway, so I can't tell you my experience yet!
    Use the MCT, that's how you will get it now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       02 Aug 2016 #983

    rogerwilco91 said: View Post
    This is so weird. I used WU to get the Anniversary Update and WU downloaded the Pro edition of the build. I am running Windows 10 Home! Should I still go ahead and burn this iso to USB?
    How did it download the Pro edition?!? When you use MCT, you need to click Home when it goes to the page before USB or DISC. (Tells you what bit (32 or 64) and language, should be in there.)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    02 Aug 2016 #984

    So mine has updated via Windows update, but when i selected restart now it's been circling on restarting for a good couple mins . Anyone else see this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 310
    Release + Insider Preview Home Build 16179 (VMWare)
       02 Aug 2016 #985

    Computer Chicken said: View Post
    How did it download the Pro edition?!? When you use MCT, you need to click Home when it tells you what bit (32 or 64) and language.
    You should note that I used WU NOT MCT to download the Anniversary Update. So WU downloaded the Pro edition of the Anniversary Update ESD and I am running Windows 10 Home!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       02 Aug 2016 #986

    Scottyboy99 said: View Post
    So mine has updated via Windows update, but when i selected restart now it's been circling on restarting for a good couple mins . Anyone else see this?
    I would just keep waiting, if it is 10 minutes or more, I would be concerned. So let us know if that happens.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    02 Aug 2016 #987

    Scottyboy99 said: View Post
    So mine has updated via Windows update, but when i selected restart now it's been circling on restarting for a good couple mins . Anyone else see this?
    Yes, the first three computers that I updated are doing exactly that. However, I am being patient.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 662
    Windows 10 1703 Pro x64 (Creators Update)
       02 Aug 2016 #988

    rogerwilco91 said: View Post
    You should note that I used WU NOT MCT to download the Anniversary Update.
    Oh okay, then that is weird. Can you show us what it looks like? It shouldn't be downloading Pro, you may have it mixed up and you can't download the update to an ISO from WU, that's not possible, but I could be wrong.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    02 Aug 2016 #989

    roblinb said: View Post
    Yes, the first three computers that I updated are doing exactly that. However, I am being patient.
    Typical as soon as I post it changes!!! Now 'working on updates' - this is pretty stressful!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 310
    Release + Insider Preview Home Build 16179 (VMWare)
       02 Aug 2016 #990

    Computer Chicken said: View Post
    Oh okay, then that is wieird.
    Now, I am afraid of restarting...what happens if I lose my activation when I install this update? Will I have to clean install the latest update by downloading the correct edition of Windows?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary update available August 2nd, says Microsoft press release headline UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/54747-windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2-a.html
Source: August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streaming | Blogging Windows
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
Source: August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10.
Find Us