Page 7 of 162 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Jul 2016 #61
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc

    Presently I will be keeping the 385 not 383 build running until August 2 when the General release form of the Redstone 1 anniversary update is available with plans for a full clean install. 7 Ultimate on the second HD part of the dual boot here last saw a fresh install in June 2013 and is overdue there. Been too busy getting other people situated with 10 before time runs out as far as moving up from either 7 or 8.1 and simply won't have time now for a new build every other day! "another one already?!"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Jul 2016 #62
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Hmmmm, that's a thought. Or, they might extend the free offer a few days?
    Clearing out the original free upgrade and preparing for the next onslaught makes more sense.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Jul 2016 #63
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,158
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
    Clearing out the original free upgrade and preparing for the next onslaught makes more sense.
    Yes, I'm definitely a fan of the clean install, especially when it comes to a major upgrade such as the Anniversary Edition.

    And from everything I've read for the past couple of months, I no longer think they might extend the free upgrade offer. Instead, I'm quite sure they'll continue their all out onslaught of "you better upgrade now, or you'll have to pay".

    So, yeah, I'll clean install the Anniversary Edition and then reinstall all the apps I use on a daily basis. Before I do that, though, I'll

    1) Make an Image of my current Retail Build.
    2) Find the keys to all the apps I use. (I keep those in an Excel spreadsheet file)
    3) Look for Tutorials for everything I want to do to customize my system

    And a few other things, but those are the most important.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Jul 2016 #64
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,544
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    Will be relying on Windows Update for my upgrade. Unfortunately I just haven't got the time to clean install and get everything back on how it was. That's why I stay well away from anything insider related as troubleshooting and bugs stifle the limited amount of time I get to use and enjoy the computer. Am just hoping the whole process goes smoothly. The last major upgrade seemed to cause problems for a lot of people from what I remember. So I'm probably one of the few not looking forward to this. It's an unavoidable upgrade but am reasonably happy with my current install so could do without the risk. I just hope everything still works as it does now when it's completed!!!

    Today being Patch Tuesday I wonder if an update will be released for Windows 10 as usual. Seems pretty pointless with this big update looming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Jul 2016 #65
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,158
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy99 View Post
    <Snip>Today being Patch Tuesday I wonder if an update will be released for Windows 10 as usual. Seems pretty pointless with this big update looming.
    The point is to squash any remaining bugs that may be lurking on selected systems. Since we all have widely differing systems, I may find something that you won't see and vice versa . . .

    So, a new Build isn't pointless at all . . . In fact, I've seen a couple of anomalies that straightened themselves out, but still needed to be reported in Feedback. Mainly, they need to be fixed so that it won't scare the bejeebers out of a newbie or three.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Jul 2016 #66
    Join Date : May 2016
    Texas
    Posts : 140
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Wynona do you have any idea how big the Redstone update will be? My wife is currently overseas and has internet with a strict data limit, and she was wondering. If it's only around 2GB or so she'll be fine, but just wanted to ask.

    Thanks much in advance, and take care.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Jul 2016 #67
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Yes, I'm definitely a fan of the clean install, especially when it comes to a major upgrade such as the Anniversary Edition.

    And from everything I've read for the past couple of months, I no longer think they might extend the free upgrade offer. Instead, I'm quite sure they'll continue their all out onslaught of "you better upgrade now, or you'll have to pay".

    So, yeah, I'll clean install the Anniversary Edition and then reinstall all the apps I use on a daily basis. Before I do that, though, I'll

    1) Make an Image of my current Retail Build.
    2) Find the keys to all the apps I use. (I keep those in an Excel spreadsheet file)
    3) Look for Tutorials for everything I want to do to customize my system

    And a few other things, but those are the most important.
    The TH2 here had been a successive upgrade from 10565, 576, 10586 Insider to 11/12 update which then became buggy after two months. I went that route to example the upgrade by update method MS was bringing at the time while it's a "No Brainer" at this time to simply slap a clean install of the RS1 once available for download. Allowing it to simply update wouldn't be enough at this time anyways as the second OS 7 Ultimate drive will also be wiped clean for a fresh look at 7 there as well.

    With the recent as well as latest build proving to be far more stable as well as seeing most all of the bugs worked out which is the norm for the first year or so with any new version of Windows now no longer seeing service packs however the RS1 seeing a clean install should run for a long time without issues! This is what will be found out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Jul 2016 #68
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,158
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by roblinb View Post
    Wynona do you have any idea how big the Redstone update will be? My wife is currently overseas and has internet with a strict data limit, and she was wondering. If it's only around 2GB or so she'll be fine, but just wanted to ask.

    Thanks much in advance, and take care.
    Sorry, Rob, but I've never paid much attention to the size, since I'm on unlimited, but slow. Surely someone here will know, though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    12 Jul 2016 #69
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by roblinb View Post
    Wynona do you have any idea how big the Redstone update will be? My wife is currently overseas and has internet with a strict data limit, and she was wondering. If it's only around 2GB or so she'll be fine, but just wanted to ask.

    Thanks much in advance, and take care.
    I would think that it will be somewhere around 2 1/2 to 3 GBs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Jul 2016 #70
    Join Date : May 2016
    Texas
    Posts : 140
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I would think that it will be somewhere around 2 1/2 to 3 GBs.
    Thanks Winuser and Wynona.

    She's set to metered anyways, we'll wait until she gets back state side before we open the floodgates then
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 162 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August
Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary update available August 2nd, says Microsoft press release headline UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/54747-windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2-a.html
Windows 10 News
Xbox August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streamin
Source: August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streaming | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3081438 for Windows 10 August 14th
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3081424 for Windows 10 August 5th
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
Windows 10 News
Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary
Source: August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums