Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2


  1. Posts : 732
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       02 Aug 2016 #631

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    Why not store those on Onedrive in the meant time ?

    Cheers,
    Good thinking, Tonto.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Aug 2016 #632

    Hi,

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    My MediaCreationTool.exe says 14393.0 when I hover over it, but that's not the ISO I got? I got 14367.0 according to the setup.exe in the ISO. As shown in the screen shoot I posted? Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 Unless it actually installs a newer build?
    The tool is updated but the server isn't yet.
    If you run setup it will install 14367.0 and later on it will update itself to 14393.10.
    Or it may update while set up is searching for updates but I somewhat doubt that.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 24,160
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       02 Aug 2016 #633

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    Good thinking, Tonto.
    And you gotta go out anyhow, so pick up a couple!

    Then USB it with Rufus!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 619
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       02 Aug 2016 #634

    Edwin said: View Post
    I don't think they're going to compile an ISO higher than 14393.0; they never did with 10586.0.
    I agree Edwin - 14393.0 IS the final build, with post-install CU up to 14393.10. I don't think we'll see a 14393.10 ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Aug 2016 #635

    Hi,

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    My MediaCreationTool.exe says 14393.0 when I hover over it, but that's not the ISO I got? I got 14367.0 according to the setup.exe in the ISO. As shown in the screen shoot I posted? Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 Unless it actually installs a newer build?
    May I ask were you downloaded this from for as far as I can tell it's not on MS official site as yet ?

    TA,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    02 Aug 2016 #636

    Edwin said: View Post
    I don't think they're going to compile an ISO higher than 14393.0; they never did with 10586.0.
    Not for official release for sure. However, they did update the iso to a later sub build a few months later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,820
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Aug 2016 #637

    Since about half an hour, Tech Bench ISO download page tells me "Page does not exist".

    Something happening, 1607 ISO images being prepared?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 732
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       02 Aug 2016 #638

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    And you gotta go out anyhow, so pick up a couple!

    Then USB it with Rufus!
    I picked up a couple. They weren't impressed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Aug 2016 #639

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    The tool is updated but the server isn't yet.
    If you run setup it will install 14367.0 and later on it will update itself to 14393.10.
    Or it may update while set up is searching for updates but I somewhat doubt that.

    Cheers,
    Yes, that's my point? Everybody is saying download the tool and hover over it, if it doesn't say 14393 it's not the latest. Well it now says 14393 but its still not downloading 14393? So checking to see what version the MCT is isn't really going to help? You have to actually download the ISO and look at it. Unless I missed something? Or didn't look at the correct file in the ISO?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    02 Aug 2016 #640

    Kari said: View Post
    Since about half an hour, Tech Bench ISO download page tells me "Page does not exist".

    Something happening, 1607 ISO images being prepared?

    It has been like that for several days but the downloader in Kyhi's post (post #3) still works, so it must be the front page.

    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary update available August 2nd, says Microsoft press release headline UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/54747-windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2-a.html
Source: August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streaming | Blogging Windows
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
Source: August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:46.
Find Us