Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

  1. Victek's Avatar
    Posts : 269
    Windows 10 x64 v1803 Build 17134.1
       #450

    I'm currently running 14393.5 from the Fast Ring. Do we know if there will be any change for those running this build when the Anniversary build becomes generally available tomorrow? Sorry if this has already been answered :)
      My Computer

  2. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,477
    1903
       #451

    Victek said:
    I'm currently running 14393.5 from the Fast Ring. Do we know if there will be any change for those running this build when the Anniversary build becomes generally available tomorrow? Sorry if this has already been answered :)
    In the past the build released to insiders was exactly the same. You'll notice that your watermark has gone so you could (if you want) leave the insider program now and that will most likely be exactly the same as the public release.

    It is of course possible there could be some last minute change but it never happened in 10240 or 10586 builds which were the last (and only) previous builds released to both insiders and the public.
      My Computer

  3. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,346
    Windows10
       #452

    Here is PROOF it is 14393 from a friend who has access to VSLC and has just installed it. Interestingly it is version 14393.0 but I presume it will get updated.

    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2-capture.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,155
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 17713
       #453

    Matthew Wai said:
    I have created C:\$WINDOWS.~BT and made it impossible to create new files there.
    I hope auto-upgrade can then be prevented.
    How did you make "it impossible to create new files there".

    My experience is that WU overwrites files in that folder.
      My Computer

  5. Victek's Avatar
    Posts : 269
    Windows 10 x64 v1803 Build 17134.1
       #454

    lx07 said:
    In the past the build released to insiders was exactly the same. You'll notice that your watermark has gone so you could (if you want) leave the insider program now and that will most likely be exactly the same as the public release.

    It is of course possible there could be some last minute change but it never happened in 10240 or 10586 builds which were the last (and only) previous builds released to both insiders and the public.
    Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines. Interestingly there is no watermark at this point so I guess I won't see anything at all
      My Computer

  6. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,346
    Windows10
       #455

    So the VLSC version after getting updates is 14393.5

    So us Insiders with that are fully up to date!

    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2-capture.png
      My Computer

  7. Comp Cmndo's Avatar
    Posts : 360
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit
       #456

    cereberus said:
    Here is PROOF it is 14393 from a friend who has access to VSLC and has just installed it. Interestingly it is version 14393.0 but I presume it will get updated.

    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2-capture.png
    That's the version (14393.0) that was downloaded as the Insider Release Preview esd file, which I saved before it was installed & then created an iso for another machine. When it did the install for the downloaded machine, it updated the final install.esd to 14393.5.

    We'll know what the final version is when the iso download is available.
      My Computers


  8. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 2,188
    Windows 10 Home 1903
       #457

    fjk61011 said:
    How did you make "it impossible to create new files there".
    By changing the security permissions. No files can now be added or downloaded into C:\$WINDOWS.~BT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2-windows-live-writer_deployment-hosting-provider-setting_9dd8_elmah_folder_properties_securi.png  
      My Computer

  9. Dave44's Avatar
    Posts : 1,120
    Windows 10 Pro
       #458

    Matthew Wai said:
    Will you download the ISO file from Tech Bench or via MediaCreationTool?
    most likely be MCT cant get on tech bench at moment
      My Computer

  10. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,346
    Windows10
       #459

    Dave44 said:
    most likely be MCT cant get on tech bench at moment
    Use link in this on post #3.

    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

    https://www.heidoc.net/php/Windows%2...Downloader.exe

    It seems it is only the initial web page that is not working.

    The link downloads a downloader that pulls the isos from MS directly, and it still works as of yesterday even though web page has not been accessible.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums