Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

  1. wguimb's Avatar
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #400

    I understand that MSFT will push out the anniversary edition (build 14393.5) using Windows Update. But I would like an ISO file to do a clean install which includes the anniversary edition within it. Are there going to be ISO files created? I was on the Insider Fast ring for months but switched to Nov update 1511 (with tons of updates).
      My Computer

  2. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,126
    Home 2004 x64 10.0.19041.264
       #401

    Anniversary Update is 14393.0 as expected. Official ISO will be possible to download via Media Creation Tool.

    How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 using ISO - Microsoft Community

    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files - Microsoft Community
      My Computer

  3. wguimb's Avatar
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       #402

    Thank you for the info. I did find another post that states "If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of this new build for clean installation, you'll need to wait."
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 82
    Windows 10 16299 PRO RTM
       #403

    Questions to you good people out there:
    I have 3 SSDs on my pc:

    10586PRO - ( the ole RTM) not on the insider program.
    10586ENT - (eval copy) not on the insider program.
    14393.5 - with insider program.

    Will 10586PRO and ENT be ugraded without joining insider program?
    I know 14393 will be upgraded also but will it all be the same build/version for all?

    Thanks in advance.
      My Computer

  5. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,338
    Windows10
       #404

    simrick said:
    Maybe in your neck o' the woods Wynona, but I've never heard that before.
    Given my earlier comment about bonk, I guess a more polite word would be "milb".
      My Computer

  6. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,338
    Windows10
       #405

    wguimb said:
    Thank you for the info. I did find another post that states "If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of this new build for clean installation, you'll need to wait."
    MS have stated the iso will be available on Aug 2nd, but as usual we do not know exactly when timezone wise.

    General expectation is it will be available late afternoon, in UK (opening of business day at MS).
      My Computer

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,338
    Windows10
       #406

    cheezz said:
    Questions to you good people out there:
    I have 3 SSDs on my pc:

    10586PRO - ( the ole RTM) not on the insider program.
    10586ENT - (eval copy) not on the insider program.
    14393.5 - with insider program.

    Will 10586PRO and ENT be ugraded without joining insider program?
    I know 14393 will be upgraded also but will it all be the same build/version for all?

    Thanks in advance.
    10586PRO - yes

    10586ENT - I doubt it. These expire after 90 days anyway.

    Once upgraded, all will be on same build.
      My Computer


  8. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,338
    Windows10
       #407

    Edwin said:
    Stays visible until you restart Explorer.

    But it will stay pinned to jump lists through pinning to Quick Access:

    Attachment 93269

    I have just switch on pc (9 am), and it is still visible in Explorer as a pinned folder.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 82
    Windows 10 16299 PRO RTM
       #408

    cereberus said:
    10586PRO - yes

    10586ENT - I doubt it. These expire after 90 days anyway.

    Once upgraded, all will be on same build.
    Thanks, Big C. Appreciate the quick response.
      My Computer

  10. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 9,062
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #409

    Hi there

    Just remember if doing a CLEAN install you can't have more than 4 HDD's / partitions active - otherwise you'll get the dreaded "Can't install to this Disk / Partition" message.

    Also if you have a laptop with an SD card inserted / micro SD card with adapter (a lot of laptops have SD card readers built in) just eject it BEFORE doing the install.

    Windows will find the SD card fine after first boot after install.

    It's possible of course that Windows RS has fixed installation problems - but I'd still set up like I've suggested.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums