Page 37 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
  1.    31 Jul 2016 #361
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,153
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I still think that it will have different build number !
    And I don't disagree, Count. Microsoft marches to the beat of its own drums, as they say.

    I still think that I'm essentially, basically, possibly, kinda, sorta, maybe (there, are those enough qualifiers?) running what will be the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 Jul 2016 #362
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,153
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    All the recent non-watermarked builds have a Release Build EULA, and no expiry date.
    Thanks, Cereberus! That was the next question I was thinking of asking because I thought it might be so.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Jul 2016 #363
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,146
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I'm assuming (and we all know what assume does) you haven't tried to clean install because of the number of programs he doesn't want to go to the trouble of reinstalling? What about repairing his installation? I'm assuming, again, that you've already tried all the conventional things?
    Won't do a clean install. He is 82 years old and if anything changes in the least little bit that he notices, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

    I ran sfc /scannow and that said it found and fixed errors.

    I downloaded a fresh ISO file from tech bench and ran dism /restore-health with the install.wim file specified as the source file. It went immediately to 20% and hung for about 10 minutes and then got the error can't find source file. Tried it 3 time with the install.wim file moved to different locations and got the same result.

    Funny thing is Updates and Settings says his computer is up to date and winver shows 10586.494 so all the cumulative updates have happened just fine.

    We don't expect him to last through the next year, so I'm just leaving it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Jul 2016 #364
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,498
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I don't have an expiry date either.
    No expiry date here either Wynona.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Jul 2016 #365
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,967
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    I still think that I'm essentially, basically, possibly, kinda, sorta, maybe (there, are those enough qualifiers?) running what will be the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10.
    Hereby I promise Starferret that I will download and install the actual Anniversary release and compare it to 14393.5.

    Other then the build number ? Same, same but different....

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    31 Jul 2016 #366
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,153
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Won't do a clean install. He is 82 years old and if anything changes in the least little bit that he notices, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

    I ran sfc /scannow and that said it found and fixed errors.

    I downloaded a fresh ISO file from tech bench and ran dism /restore-health with the install.wim file specified as the source file. It went immediately to 20% and hung for about 10 minutes and then got the error can't find source file. Tried it 3 time with the install.wim file moved to different locations and got the same result.

    Funny thing is Updates and Settings says his computer is up to date and winver shows 10586.494 so all the cumulative updates have happened just fine.

    We don't expect him to last through the next year, so I'm just leaving it.
    Yep, some things don't bear messing with. He probably thinks it ain't broke and dares you to break it by trying to fix it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    31 Jul 2016 #367
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,498
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Excuse my ignorance but who is Starferret ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    31 Jul 2016 #368
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,173
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    And I don't disagree, Count. Microsoft marches to the beat of its own drums, as they say.

    I still think that I'm essentially, basically, possibly, kinda, sorta, maybe (there, are those enough qualifiers?) running what will be the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10.
    It ain't over until it's over and that's when fat lady sings. (Yogy Berra)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    31 Jul 2016 #369
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,153
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,

    Hereby I promise Starferret that I will download and install the actual Anniversary release and compare it to 14393.5.

    Other then the build number ? Same, same but different....

    Cheers,
    Ooooooohhhhhhh, that brat asked if you were gonna compare it line by line of code! The nerve of that little . . . ferret.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    31 Jul 2016 #370
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,153
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by DooGie View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but who is Starferret ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wynona01.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	93271

    She's the one that packs her own suitcase and comes to bite your ankles if you say something she disagrees with.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August
Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary update available August 2nd, says Microsoft press release headline UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/54747-windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2-a.html
Windows 10 News
Xbox August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streamin
Source: August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streaming | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3081438 for Windows 10 August 14th
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3081424 for Windows 10 August 5th
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
Windows 10 News
Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary
Source: August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums