Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

  1.    30 Jul 2016 #271

    Hi,

    I think its already been answered but I asked originally so I'll reply. Looks like a version miss match to me. You should have used the non Single Language ISO. At the Moment its just called Windows 10 and is Multi edition, Home and Pro.
    I just went here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softw...load/windows10 and the MCT is still working. I downloaded the Tool and Ran it.
    Looks like a miss match to me too.
    Coincidentally I also downloaded the MCT yesterday. I don't see any reason why MS would pull it.
    @NavyLCDR : Happy Anniversary.

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,889
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       30 Jul 2016 #272
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    30 Jul 2016 #273

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    This is what you will now see when arriving there instead of the immediate upgrade online and MC Tool options when scrolling the page as expected.

    No option to download anything was the point I was trying to make before.
    You are living in your own little reality there Night Hawk. Google "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" and the top result takes you right to:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	93095

    As expected. I look forward to your reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jul 2016 #274

    @NavyLCDR
    I'm guessing he went here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/get-windows-10 Get Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    30 Jul 2016 #275

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    @NavyLCDR
    I'm guessing he went here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/get-windows-10 Get Windows 10
    Which is not, and never was, the Media Creation Tool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    30 Jul 2016 #276

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Which is not, and never was, the Media Creation Tool.
    Correctamundo. He was trying to convince me in earlier in this thread that Microsoft was going to pull the MCT as soon as the free upgrade was over. IMHO, I don't see that happening.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    30 Jul 2016 #277

    Hi,

    IMHO, I don't see that happening.
    And why would it ?

    I'm raising a 100 bucks it wont. LOL....

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,357
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       30 Jul 2016 #278

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    If I go here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softw...load/windows10 I get the same options I always have? Update Now and Download Tool Now?

    Attachment 93071
    Product key required first at the page there. But that wasn't the page being referred to being found at the download center but the other most commonly seen Get 10 page now changed to show Purchase 10.

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I think its already been answered but I asked originally so I'll reply. Looks like a version miss match to me. You should have used the non Single Language ISO. At the Moment its just called Windows 10 and is Multi edition, Home and Pro.
    I just went here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softw...load/windows10 and the MCT is still working. I downloaded the Tool and Ran it.

    Attachment 93072
    The big mistake made going with the Single Language edition is not only language but 32bit Windows only! That doesn't come in any 64bit flavor. Unless you are only planning to run the 32bit OS you would avoid that option entirely.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jul 2016 #279

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    Product key required first at the page there. But that wasn't the page being referred to being found at the download center but the other most commonly seen Get 10 page now changed to show Purchase 10.



    e edition is not only language but 32bit Windows only! That doesn't come in any 64bit flavor. Unless you are only planning to run the 32bit OS you would avoid that option entirely.
    There is no requirement to enter a key to download an ISO from the link I posted. And SL can be obtained in 64 bit version.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sl Capture.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	93104

    EDIT: The upgrade now option might require a key, but the Download Tool now Option doesn't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       30 Jul 2016 #280

    Mystery Solved


    I find unsolved mysteries disturbing.
    Thanks NavyLCDR & alphanumeric.


    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    If you run winver, or open a Command Prompt (Admin) [right click on the start icon] and run slmgr /dlv in the command prompt windows, I'll bet you don't see anything about Single Language edition listed in the version you have activated.
    You are correct.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 Home Winver & Slmgr Info 2016-07-31.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	93113

    I see what happened now.
    I checked to see what version of W10 was equivalent to W7 Home Premium (which was Home).
    When I was selecting the options the only one that displayed "Home", was "Windows 10 Home Single Language".

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    The big mistake made going with the Single Language edition is not only language but 32bit Windows only! That doesn't come in any 64bit flavor. Unless you are only planning to run the 32bit OS you would avoid that option entirely.
    Incorrect.
    I downloaded the 32 bit ISO and the 64 bit ISO.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 Home Single Language ISOs.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	93114

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    And SL can be obtained in 64 bit version.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sl Capture.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	93104

    EDIT: The upgrade now option might require a key, but the Download Tool now Option doesn't.
    Agreed.
    When I ran the MCT (about an hour ago) that is what I saw too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary update available August 2nd, says Microsoft press release headline UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/54747-windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2-a.html
Source: August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streaming | Blogging Windows
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
Source: August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:50.
Find Us