Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2


  1. Posts : 9
    W10 Pro 64bit
       #1480

    Anyone have problem with email notifications ? Mine doesn't work.

    edit. Now it worked, strange.
      My Computer

  2. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,477
    1903
       #1481

    cereberus said:
    10 days now.
    Ah, well, I stand corrected sir. I thought it was a month.

    It is about 5 minutes for me (I get a "You are running out of space - would you like to delete previous installations?" message) :)
      My Computer

  3. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 13,518
    Windows 10 IoT
       #1482

    I had a Windows 10 Education install activated with a Retail (MSDN) key and did the upgrade to the Anniversary edition. When I went back and checked activation it showed "Licensed with a digital license linked to your Microsoft ID". It switched me to a Digital Entitlement, like the free upgrade does. I just did a clean install of the 1607 10 Education, did a skip key and its activated with Digital Entitlement linked to my Microsoft ID. How cool is that. I retrieved the generic key with showkey. I'll add a PID.txt to my install media so I don't have to do the skip key.

      My Computer

  4. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,338
    Windows10
       #1483

    lx07 said:
    Ah, well, I stand corrected sir. I thought it was a month.

    It is about 5 minutes for me (I get a "You are running out of space - would you like to delete previous installations?" message) :)
    Recent change.

    A good suggestion I saw recently was to have an upgrade option that does not create windows.old, or allow it to be put it on another drive. This would make upgrading on tablets with only 32GB (or any fairly full drive come to that) more doable.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 534
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit and ANDROID Lollipop
       #1484

    Had another session on MS Chat which I had to terminate when family arrived, but was being advised that a fresh re-install would be necessary removing all my apps from C but leavingfiles (there arent many, they are on external Flash and SD)--- and a disc image ISO would need to be downloaded. I already have the 1607 Image File, is this not the same thing? Anyway, I wanted to ask if it would be helpful to get a USB external DiskDrive, 100 GB plus? Could this be used instead of or in addition to the C drive, which after Anniversary update downloads now only has about 4 GB. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

    The drives I have been looking at (Bipra) say select either NFTS or FAT32. Which would be best for an external drive intended to be mainly used as an extension of C, which is of course NFTS?
      My Computer

  6. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,701
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #1485

    Kari said:
    Always wanting to make things easier for you esteemed fellow geeks, I hereby give you permission to forget the Mr. when addressing me. You can simply call me The Boss. Or if you prefer something more formal you can use "The light in my eyes, the warmth in my heart".

    Whatever you'd prefer.
    Call me anything but late for a drink after pub closes ?
      My Computers

  7. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,701
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #1486

    clayto said:
    Had another session on MS Chat which I had to terminate when family arrived, but was being advised that a fresh re-install would be necessary removing all my apps from C but leavingfiles (there arent many, they are on external Flash and SD)--- and a disc image ISO would need to be downloaded. I already have the 1607 Image File, is this not the same thing? Anyway, I wanted to ask if it would be helpful to get a USB external DiskDrive, 100 GB plus? Could this be used instead of or in addition to the C drive, which after Anniversary update downloads now only has about 4 GB. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

    The drives I have been looking at (Bipra) say select either NFTS or FAT32. Which would be best for an external drive intended to be mainly used as an extension of C, which is of course NFTS?
    NTFS of course for use with windows only or some Linux distros because of ability to write files larger than 4GB which Fat32 can't. Another option is exFat which also can use larger than 4GB single files but is compatible with virtually every OS.
      My Computers


  8. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,923
    W10Prox64
       #1487

    GARoss said:
    My thanks to Simrick for helping me find & resolve my issue!

    As always at Ten Forums, the Administrator's, VIP's & Guru's & all contributors make this forum the best on the web!
    Cheers @GARoss !

    Kari said:
    Always wanting to make things easier for you esteemed fellow geeks, I hereby give you permission to forget the Mr. when addressing me. You can simply call me The Boss. Or if you prefer something more formal you can use "The light in my eyes, the warmth in my heart".

    Whatever you'd prefer.
    Dear Light in my Eyes, Warmth in my Heart: Thanks for making things so easy for us!

    Wynona said:
    Ewwwwwwww, things are sure getting mushy around these hyar parts . . .
      My Computer

  9. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 7,883
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro build 19635.1
       #1488

    Wynona said:
    Ewwwwwwww, things are sure getting mushy around these hyar parts . . .
    Totally agree Wynona.

    All this mushy stuff is getting to me. Can't help but feel everyone is totally Anniversary'd out this week.

    Hang on, bring on the RS2 Insider Previews :)
      My Computer

  10. aramil's Avatar
    Posts : 92
    Windows 10 pro 64bit
       #1489

    RS2 Hype train!!!!! chooo choooo
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums