Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Aug 2016 #1461
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 (10586.63)

    Hi.
    Have anyone noticed that filenames are now allined to the left everywhere except the desktop? Looks weird. Is there any way to restore it to normal?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Aug 2016 #1462
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 55
    W10

    Our 2nd install went through this morning. As with the first one the Canon and Epson printers were removed and had to be reinstalled afterwords. Never happen with other updates before and this time I had both turned on. A third printer was OK as before?
    At lest this time it wasn't as long sorting out all the reimposed MS defaults and nags about signing onto the MS account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Aug 2016 #1463
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,164
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by maciak View Post
    Hi.
    Have anyone noticed that filenames are now allined to the left everywhere except the desktop? Looks weird. Is there any way to restore it to normal?
    Nope, still centered here.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    05 Aug 2016 #1464
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,164
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by john7 View Post
    Our 2nd install went through this morning. As with the first one the Canon and Epson printers were removed and had to be reinstalled afterwords. Never happen with other updates before and this time I had both turned on. A third printer was OK as before?
    At lest this time it wasn't as long sorting out all the reimposed MS defaults and nags about signing onto the MS account.
    It depends if it's update only which doesn't remove any drivers and full build that tends to do that. I found that prinetr drivers are not actually removed, just printer deleted from the list. When I search for them again thru Add Printer it asks me to keep old ones or install new. If my printers (HP) are connected and on at the time when build is installed it keeps them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    05 Aug 2016 #1465
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 55
    W10

    No tried that nothing so had to get the drivers and they went through uninstalling the original drivers (or what was left of them)as part of there install.

    Though once installed W10 helpfully added its version of the Epson R3000 driver after the install on one laptop, but not the 2nd..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Aug 2016 #1466
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,885
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Is there an Index of all possible subjects covered in this News thread? Thread is getting long........
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    05 Aug 2016 #1467
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,375
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    I suppose being an Insider for the last two years, having updated almost 40 iterations, has brainwashed me into being an updater.
    Have learnt my lesson...updating is too unreliable, so many things can go wrong as proved in my earlier post, #1435.
    Have now successfully installed Build 1607 on both my desktop and laptop using the ISO, many thanks BRINK for the link.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    05 Aug 2016 #1468
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,652
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Is there an Index of all possible subjects covered in this News thread? Thread is getting long........
    It is a fairly good point. Perhaps the news threads should be closed after some time or perhaps we should all not answer questions and ask people to open their own.

    There is some interesting stuff but 1500 posts is a bit much for anyone to read through on the off-chance. Chatting is part of it all though of course.

    I'm not sure really.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Aug 2016 #1469
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,885
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    It is a fairly good point. Perhaps the news threads should be closed after some time or perhaps we should all not answer questions and ask people to open their own.

    There is some interesting stuff but 1500 posts is a bit much for anyone to read through on the off-chance. Chatting is part of it all though of course.

    I'm not sure really.
    Really was just referring back to a post Nigel made..... Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 - Page 125 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    05 Aug 2016 #1470
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,651
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Is there an Index of all possible subjects covered in this News thread? Thread is getting long........
    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    It is a fairly good point. Perhaps the news threads should be closed after some time or perhaps we should all not answer questions and ask people to open their own.

    There is some interesting stuff but 1500 posts is a bit much for anyone to read through on the off-chance. Chatting is part of it all though of course.

    I'm not sure really.
    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Really was just referring back to a post Nigel made..... Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2 - Page 125 - Windows 10 Forums
    Let's quote that Nigel's post here to remind new readers:

    Quote Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
    Hello all of you that survived yesterday

    Can I ask something of you all, now that the update is here can we start new threads for possible issues after install.

    This will help others who have the same or similar issues - It will also show in Net searches so will help even non members

    I may close this and other threads, (In the News area), at least temporarily as there are far two many issues being discussed there that are not easily visible to anyone
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August
Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary update available August 2nd, says Microsoft press release headline UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/54747-windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2-a.html
Windows 10 News
Xbox August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streamin
Source: August update for Xbox app on Windows 10 brings high-res Game Streaming | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3081438 for Windows 10 August 14th
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3081424 for Windows 10 August 5th
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
Windows 10 News
Windows August 2015 Security Update Release Summary
Source: August 2015 Security Update Release Summary - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums