USB flash drive is ready. Off to do a clean install. (Hopefully) Later people good luck to one and all..................I'm outa here.
Just installed the Anniversary update. Can confirm the following bug status:
1. Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change my environment variables link now works as expected (Yay! Finally...)
2. Dedicated PATH variable editor in Environment Variables dialog is still broken with regard to New+Browse combination. Doing New+Browse still overrides the last path entry instead of creating a new one.
3. EXIF data editor for image files through Properties - Details now works properly (Yay!)
4. Regedit does not seem to get stuck and crash on unsuccessful searches anymore (still needs thorough testing).
An apparent bug introduced by Anniversary update
5. .rdp files can no longer be opened by double-clicking them in File Explorer. The Remote Desktop client application seems to work OK by itself. It can still "Open" these .rdp files from inside the client application and successfully connect to the remote machines. Yet, double clicking on .rdp files in File Explorer does nothing.
Last edited by AndreyT; 02 Aug 2016 at 17:31.
Download the tool OR download click the "Update Now" button: Windows 10
Edit: Hold on Roger, I will download the Update Now and see if it has the update. Will get back to you soon!
Edit 2: The Update Now download, does NOT work. So, give the MCT a go.
So, let me get this straight, Insiders on the fast ring and 14393.10 don't get update thru WU or otherwise ????
Just did the update to version 1607.
Switzerland, 20pm CET time.
Total time needed for download, prepare installation, installation up to restart: 32min
No problems encountered.
Both Surface Pro 4 updated and the Insider Pro have the same build version in winver
Finally upgraded successfully to 1607, but with some troubles:
1) Download via Windows Update
2) System prepare the installation and then reboot
3) Windows loaded, the Windows update screen appears for a short time (crash?) then immediately reboot
4) The old Windows was loaded, the Update fails without information
5) Trigger and download via Windows Update again --> the same : Update fails
6) Remove a secondary disk with a Win10-Helper Window installed
7) Reboot, Trigger WU, but Win says no update available
8) Download ISO via WCT
9) Now Install via ISO, now the Update was successful to 14393.10