Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1.    05 Jul 2016 #41
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 262
    Windows 10

    From a corporate standpoint Edge is at the bottom of the list. A lot of web applications require IE, and pretty sure Edge doesn't support Enterprise Mode which I use a lot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Jul 2016 #42
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    From a corporate standpoint Edge is at the bottom of the list. A lot of web applications require IE, and pretty sure Edge doesn't support Enterprise Mode which I use a lot.
    By that measure, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are also utter failures... Which obviously isn't true.

    IE is still included in Windows 10 for those that still need it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Jul 2016 #43

    Now I'm using the latest preview build even the spell checker is now working great.
    so Edge has top marks from me.
    have tried the others and for me they offer nothing extra I need and in the case of Chrome its not letting me have my browser how I want it. I can only have it how Google think I should have it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Jul 2016 #44

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Apple discontinued Safari for Windows a number of years ago. The last version is so old, it predates HTML5 and many other things. The last Safari for Windows is 5.1.7 (the current version is 9.1 with 10.0 in beta).
    Actually this is the current version for Windows
    Download safari browser for windows mobile 6.5
    13.01.2015
    Windows XP/Vista/7/8

    I believe they number the versions differently for windows than the normal safari for OSX
    They don't have a Windows 10 release that I am aware of
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Jul 2016 #45
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    Actually this is the current version for Windows
    Download safari browser for windows mobile 6.5
    13.01.2015
    Windows XP/Vista/7/8

    I believe they number the versions differently for windows than the normal safari for OSX
    They don't have a Windows 10 release that I am aware of
    Perhaps you'd care to provide a Link. Your text is contradictory, since it says it's for WIndows Mobile (which is not compatible with desktop).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 Jul 2016 #46

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Perhaps you'd care to provide a Link. Your text is contradictory, since it says it's for WIndows Mobile (which is not compatible with desktop).
    I wish I had bookmarked it, it was within some Apple forum somewhere. I believe it IS NOT one of those things they really offer outright, but is available, just like the 5.1.7 version.

    this article best describes Safari performance on a Windows 10 machine

    http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...-windows-today

    It describes why Apple no longer distributes the Windows version. But, I could see them releasing a new Windows version perhaps in the future. My original point was to illustrate that even Apple, has/had a cross-platform browser, while Edge is ONLY available on Windows 10. Regardless if Safari is available for windows, Safari still works across all of the OSX versions. That is what I was alluding to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Jul 2016 #47
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    I wish I had bookmarked it, it was within some Apple forum somewhere. I believe it IS NOT one of those things they really offer outright, but is available, just like the 5.1.7 version.
    I can find no reference to this anywhere. So, if you can't find it, then it's not really available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    It describes why Apple no longer distributes the Windows version. But, I could see them releasing a new Windows version perhaps in the future. My original point was to illustrate that even Apple, has/had a cross-platform browser, while Edge is ONLY available on Windows 10. Regardless if Safari is available for windows, Safari still works across all of the OSX versions. That is what I was alluding to.
    You can't get the latest Safari on anything older than Lion. The last version of Safari that works on Snow Leopard is 5.1.10

    Lion is from the same time period as Windows 8 (2010ish).

    You could argue that MS should have made edge available for Windows 8.x, but the problem there is that Edge is Universal App, and the Windows 8.x Universal App API wasn't nearly as mature as it is in 10. Many of the functions that Edge requires simply don't exist in Windows 8.x's universal API.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Jul 2016 #48
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 9,270
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by shakennstirred View Post
    Now I'm using the latest preview build even the spell checker is now working great.
    so Edge has top marks from me.
    have tried the others and for me they offer nothing extra I need and in the case of Chrome its not letting me have my browser how I want it. I can only have it how Google think I should have it.
    Agree! They finally got it, even for multi-linguals like me. Proofing language is no longer keyboard dependent, but language dependent.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge
Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another...
Browsers and Email
Living on the “Edge”: 25 Security Flaws Found in MS Internet Explorer
Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/living-on-the-edge-25-security-flaws-found-in-microsoft-s-internet-explorer-496012.shtml?utm_content=buffer5228b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Windows 10 News
Living on the Edge: our next step in helping web just work
Read more...
Windows 10 News
The view out your living room window
This is what I see... 239
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums